Thread: Paranoia and high anxiety

Unhappy Paranoia and high anxiety

hello everyone as you can see this is my 1st post here. I suffer from Panic attacks , high anxiety and intrusive thoughts.It al started about 9 months ago where i was having 10 PA a day and some during the night as well. My obsessional thougts are many and vary allthye time. I used to be afraid of going to sleep and hurt my partner while at sleep and then wake upinthe morningto find the mess. well now thats not entirely gone butits a lot less. However lately in the past 3 weeks i have been obsessing about been spied on. I know no one is spy on me but i amvery aware of people in other rooms where i am not in like at work i have the fear that they are talking about me. I do have problems at work where they could be talking about me as they know I suffer from anxiety but i felthey are plotting against me to get me out. I also hafe the sensation or fear of paranoia i dont know what thats why its scary that wheni look at windows there is a camera or someone looking at me. I feel watched and i know that i mam not but my anxiety makes me paranoid and i begin to belive this. The other day my anxiety was so high that i started obsessing about somebody listening with miscrophones behind my dorror listeningto waht i say!!! Its pure madeness. I read about schizophrenia and they say that one symptom is that tehperson has persecutory delusions that other are complotting against him. Now i have traumatic events that happen in life where i was spied on. And now i leave with a neighbour from hell that reperted metopolice many times for noises. So there is a link with tath but my fear goes behond that.. the othet day i was very anxious andi started obsessing aboutthat i was followed everywhere iw ent and there were many peole involved in it.. like i saw someone on the phone and they looked at me and i thougt " are they saying " heis here now" and tat kept on for my entire journey tilli got home... then i startretd to thik are they at the door? Now iknow its crazy but its my experience. Am i schizophrenic??? I am so scared.... i am scared of everything and theonly thing that i dois to close my eyes. This makes me feel at peace for awhile. Please support guys and girls.....

GD

Re: Paranoia and high anxiety

Hi greatdane and welcome,
    All the symptoms that you are describing are very typical of anxiety and panic,you feel so frightened that your mind is capable of thinking and seeing anything.
    YOU ARE NOT GOING MAD-i can assure you.When ive been going through a bad time,ive felt the same,thinking i can hear things and see things aswell.Paranoia and anxiety go hand in hand but you must remember-they are thoughts(although very frightening) but they are only thoughts and cannot hurt you.You will find that as you get stronger-and you will-the thoughts will subside.

It may not feel like it right now but this will pass.Hope this has helped,even a little bit.

Take care,Candie xxx

thank you for your support. I saw my psychiatrist today and he said iamnot schizophrenic nut i suffer from some egosotonic though means thought i dont like.

Thread Information