Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 weeks of swollen tonsils + Flu-like symptoms too.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 4 weeks of swollen tonsils + Flu-like symptoms too.

Quick update via mobile...

Felt so tired today that I ended up spending 12 hours in bed.

Hair looked wet, so I assume I was sweating again

Got that smelly phlegm from my throat again too.

Still really not feeling right, weak fatigued etc too.

ThroatGoat

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Decided to try doing some yard work to try and "build my strength up", now I feel weak as hell.

Feel tired again too, after 12 hour in bed WTF?

So 12 hours in bed, plus an hour and half nap.

I can't seem to put any weight on either, despite trying to eat more.

ThroatGoat

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Another lazy morning, not quite 12 hours today but close.

Checked my weight, and I'm now borderline underweight.

Trembling from yesterday's minor yard work too, really don't feel right!

I've been playing with the lymph node behind my ear, which is something I shouldn't be doing, but I'm sure it's the largest it has ever been.

I said yesterday in another thread that mine have always been swollen, but I don't remember it ever feeling quite like it does now. Maybe it's my mind playing tricks on me?

---------- Post added at 17:39 ---------- Previous post was at 17:34 ----------

Mastoiditis:
    The mastoid bone runs directly behind the ear. Ear infections can sometimes spread to the mastoid bone and result in swelling or lumps behind the ear.

This is probably what it is! Especially when I've had it for so long. Maybe I've been living with chronic/long-term ear infections all these years? :-P

Hey TG!
    To be honest I had the same tiredness as you which can be because of the virus or whatever it is. Anything can caus it at times, I would say it’s normal unless it’s the type of thing that runs you down to the point of not being able to get out of bed! Aaah the weight, I even lost a little bit at first because my appetite was gone and I would have diarrhea all because of the stress. Which eventually went away and now I eat like a horse again Guess what I’m trying to say is hang in there! Oh! And the mastoid thing I definitely have, I think because all the cavities are connected it’s very easy for the infection in your tonsils to find it’s way around there and cause other issues and lymphnodes just go up wih the slightest thing

The night sweats worry me too, so do the chills (I still feel feverish some evenings). I went to the doctor and after he tried to convince me that MY normal temp is not 36.6 but 36.9 (like everyone is the same) he said my 37.2 is nothing. He then said that the fact that I feel better after ibuprofen is probably placebo? Like I get it’s not clinically a fever but he can’t just put everything down to anxiety just because he knows it’s there
    At least he agreed to redo some of my blood tests.

I know it feels slow but I think I’m having more good days than bad now, still doesn’t help the anxiety because the slightest thing can send me down a spiral. One thing that did make me feel better is rather than googling lymphnode stuff I looked up ‘virus won’t go away after a month’ (actual title of a thread in one website). There are so many people that just have random things like that that just persisted for whatever reason and it kind of helped me see the more likely side of it all.

Keep us posted

Quote Originally Posted by Sabbine17 View Post
    Hey TG!
    To be honest I had the same tiredness as you which can be because of the virus or whatever it is. Anything can caus it at times, I would say it’s normal unless it’s the type of thing that runs you down to the point of not being able to get out of bed! Aaah the weight, I even lost a little bit at first because my appetite was gone and I would have diarrhea all because of the stress. Which eventually went away and now I eat like a horse again Guess what I’m trying to say is hang in there! Oh! And the mastoid thing I definitely have, I think because all the cavities are connected it’s very easy for the infection in your tonsils to find it’s way around there and cause other issues and lymphnodes just go up wih the slightest thing

The night sweats worry me too, so do the chills (I still feel feverish some evenings). I went to the doctor and after he tried to convince me that MY normal temp is not 36.6 but 36.9 (like everyone is the same) he said my 37.2 is nothing. He then said that the fact that I feel better after ibuprofen is probably placebo? Like I get it’s not clinically a fever but he can’t just put everything down to anxiety just because he knows it’s there
    At least he agreed to redo some of my blood tests.

I know it feels slow but I think I’m having more good days than bad now, still doesn’t help the anxiety because the slightest thing can send me down a spiral. One thing that did make me feel better is rather than googling lymphnode stuff I looked up ‘virus won’t go away after a month’ (actual title of a thread in one website). There are so many people that just have random things like that that just persisted for whatever reason and it kind of helped me see the more likely side of it all.

Keep us posted
    Hey Sabbine thanks for stopping by!

I have been super lazy the last few days, not to the point where I couldn't get out of bed, but 10-12 hours seems excessive. Had a nap on both days too, so fatigue certainly seems strong lately. Might just be my body trying to catch up on the lack of sleep from the early stages though I guess.

My appetite seems to be back too , but can't seem to put any weight on. AnxietyJoe said I might not actually be eating enough, so going to try tracking my calories and see what's what.

I had 3 lots of diarrhea I think, and haven't had it since. So I'm taking that as a positive. Surely it would be persistent if it was something more serious.

Night sweats seem to be going for me, but I'm still super sensitive to the cold! If I go outside in anything under 20c I get freezing cold and goosebumps. I don't think I'm getting a fever anymore, if anything my body temp is low. Last I checked it was 36c. (Which can be normal apparently).

I feel better than I did, but still don't feel right yet and it's getting me down a bit not knowing what is going on. Wish you could get a full body scan or something that could pinpoint the exact cause of things.

Will keep you posted for sure! Had my hearing checked today and my left ear is slightly less free-flowing than my right, but it isn't plugged and my hearing is all good. Dentist Thursday, so hopefully that goes well too!

Not sure how, but got an appointment with my ENT brought forward. I guess I have my doctor to thank for that!

Hopefully that goes well and I get the all clear.

Dentist appointment went well, no red flags on the oral cancer screening except they did mention some nodes seemed swollen, but also that they may be normal.

Not sure what to think of that, kinda kicked off some anxiety again but trying not to worry.

---------- Post added at 11:34 ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 ----------

Forgot to mention...

Seem to be getting chills/coldness again at the moment, but didn't seem to have that yesterday. (It started after some anxiety over the above I think).

No night sweats for a few days now though, as far as I'm aware.

Just want to make you aware it's been a month since you started this thread. Nothing has been found out of the ordinary. The nodes are only swollen because you poke and prod them to no end.

I think it's time to address the elephant in the room

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information