Thread: So you think you have Rabies.....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: So you think you have Rabies.....

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid-viking View Post
    Well, we are just human after all. One thing is when there are a single poster, like there was two years ago someone fearing rabies; but as we are just human it gets tiresome when people keep posting rabies threads every second day and you have to explain over and over why they dont have rabies. And then there are the same people posting new rabies threads over and over. The people have been told hundreds of time why they dont have rabies and why it is impossible, but it does not stuck. They come back and demand more reassurance they dont have rabies. Yes, even after THIS thread where the opening post explain in plain and simple language why these rabies fearers post impossible scenarios it does not work. They ignore it and keep posting rabies threads. Over and over. And when it is THE SAME PEOPLE over and over, then well....we get tired. And there is nothing we can offer cause they wont believe it anyway. Then the only thing to do is to tell them that they must seek help. What else to do?
    Most of the rabies threads are not necomers - not anymore. Someone keep getting new rabies fears all the time despite owerwhelming reassurance over and over and explanation they dont have it. At this point we are really talking about a serious anxiety disorder that people posting here whose not therapist are not able to handle.
    No one is forced to read them. Simple. When you choose to read & reply, that's a decision you have made.

As for the serious anxiety disorder, there is no real evidence of that (although some could be it depends on the impact to their lives but certainly no more than any other theme) and it's not just about the inability to resolve a theme as some people focus on one unlike others who jump from one to another and both may be the same underneath. We have people in here so severe they are in & out of hospital so I don't buy an argument those with repeating rabies themes are too severe for NMP. And if they were, that's up to Nic solely.

It's often repetitive themes on the OCD board so I understand how repeating yourself can be frustrating but it just means skipping over some if you don't feel like it. I've often thought of recording scripts to post but never get around to it. These days I just let others reply otherwise you end spending a lot if time on here.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 27-07-18 at 09:33.

Thread Information