Page 81 of 290 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: Have I got rectal cancer?

Re: Have I got rectal cancer?

To simplify things you have 2 choices, Toby:

Make an appointment with the GP and ask for a sigmoidoscopy

Make an appointment with the GP and ask to be referred for psychological therapy taking into account your AS diagnosis.

Make an appointment today for the earliest possible date.

We don't need to know about your bowel movements on here. We would really like to hear that you have made that GP appointment. Don't remain stuck like this because you don't want a lifetime of this literal cr*p when you can at least try to make things better. Get your Mum to support you-she will only want the best for you and that's not endless interaction on here with strangers.

Thank you Bruce and Pulisa.

For some reason it’s still emergency only appointments and the queue is always large to be seen, I have no idea why. Apparently two doctors are off ill. My mums friend also wants to get in with an ear infection but isn’t being seen, so she says

Believe me, no one wants this over with more than me

I’m also scared of going because if I do then I may be facing the c*ncer diagnosis head on

It can’t be a coincidence that I have seen blood and mucus for months and now recently POSSIBLY darker, richer red blood on the paper, and also have mild eosinophilia and a raised ALP count and not have cancer?

But one good thing is as of late, my bowels have started to feel more normal again and that feeling of there possibly being a mass or something has gone, or I at least don’t feel it or like I haven’t completely emptied after going for a BM

This recent blood scare has really been sending me insane over the past few days.. I don’t want to get into it too much again but if it was blood then it was not fresh and it’s really bothering me :(

Okay that’s enough of me moaning. But yeah that’s the current situation

You can make an appointment for the future surely?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    You can make an appointment for the future surely?
    Can't you, Toby? I'm not going to talk about your symptoms, just urge you to make an appointment for whenever you can. An appointment is something to have to work towards. You don't need an emergency appointment.

So....Did you make a routine appointment with the GP?

I rang at 08:01 this morning and it was a queue of 19 people waiting

I think it was cause I was a minute late because it opens at 8 exactly, so tomorrow I’ll ring at 8 on the dot

My mum is demanding that she comes with me. Hopefully she’ll convince them of my desperation for more tests rather than go on about how mentally ill I am, which I’ve established with the doctors

Like I say though I am petrified of possibly facing my fears, this could seriously be the beginning of the end for me. I’ll obviously need this over one way or the other though because sitting around torturing myself going over symptoms and staring at sheets of toilet paper all day is not fun either.

Ring again in an hour, Toby. No excuses. You have all day to get through and make a routine appointment. You don't have to ring at 8 on the dot.

no more excuses you can wait on the phone when there is a que I am no longer going to be commenting on your symptoms as well, other than to say did you make an appointment, and did you get tests done.

All gp's allow you to make appointments for the future at anytime of the day

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    Hopefully she’ll convince them of my desperation for more tests rather than go on about how mentally ill I am, which I’ve established with the doctors
    What did they say? I can't remember you talking about this. All they appear to be doing is testing for the physical issues.

It sounds like you are trying to book same day appointments. These are normally emergency appointments, which you don't need.

Page 81 of 290 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread Information