Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Blood blister treatment

Blood blister treatment

Has anybody has a blood blister partially drained? A nurse poked with needle said there were various pockets of blood and it's still lookong as it did. Does it now jusy heal on itself or should I go back to get it drained some more? I'm wearing flip flops to air it out as she suggested .

Re: Blood blister treatment

Why did you delete your thread about this?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

because that thread was full of worry and concern about what it was, now I know just looking for advice on how to help it heal.

Make an appointment with a dermatologist before your baby is born. You'll never have time to after. A dermatologist can tell you exactly what it is and treat it. Then you can be done with this.

Quote Originally Posted by ErinKC View Post
    Make an appointment with a dermatologist before your baby is born. You'll never have time to after. A dermatologist can tell you exactly what it is and treat it. Then you can be done with this.
    The NHS doesn't work like that here in the UK. Only people in need of consultants should be referred.

Helen has had advice on how to care for it. This post is looking for more re-assurance.

nurse told me it was blood bliater, drained it, told me to squeeze more out but I couldn't. I rang up but as it walk in clinic the nurse wasn't there next day.

Thread deleted by helenhoo
    Reason: resolved
    ummm it really wasn't resolved if you need to start a new thread about it?!?!

so your anxiety about this has resolved itself.... and you are just wondering about how to get it to heal..... then post on a different forum and NOT an anxiety forum........No More Panic is a forum about anxiety and not a medical advice one

If your anxiety has resolved over it as you state then you have no need to post on here again about it...My guess is this is actually the real reason for you deleting the thread....

Thread deleted by helenhoo
    Reason: no one is answering me on this thread now. I have all the answers I need but I still want even more answers so will start a new thread

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Don't do anything. I get blood blisters all the time, it is just a scab that happens to be under the outer layer of skin. When that skins (or nail) wears off, the will fall away. You don't do anything to a blood blister at all except leave it alone.

Probably best to close the thread?

How to care for it is simple - leave it alone. It wont ever heal if you keep fiddling with it.

- C.S. Lewis, The Magician's Nephew

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information