Thread: Stroke fears...

Stroke fears...

The last couple days i have been having a feeling of weakness in the left side of my face and that has now moved to that whole side of my body... i went to a DR on Friday and he checked me out and said all was clear and that it wasn’t a stroke or anything serious... I’m still having these feelings, i have now convinced myself that the two sides of my face don’t look the same even though family members have said otherwise.... I’m really struggling with this. I don’t know how to convince myself that i am okay. All i can think is that I’m going to die of a stroke or some serious brain problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Stroke fears...

Well, a stroke is typically a very sudden thing, if it's days later and you still feel the same, a stroke is very unlikely.

Plus, a doctor isn't going to take a chance if they even slightly suspect there's a stroke risk. I went to the ER this winter with dizziness (the legit real symptom) and numbness/tingling on the side of my face (caused by panic/anxiety although I wasn't sure at the time). They checked me out real good and flat out told me that they didn't suspect a stroke but even then they STILL recommended I stay overnight in the stroke watch area just in case. They don't take chances.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Re: Stroke fears...

Quote Originally Posted by jray23 View Post
    Well, a stroke is typically a very sudden thing, if it's days later and you still feel the same, a stroke is very unlikely.

Plus, a doctor isn't going to take a chance if they even slightly suspect there's a stroke risk. I went to the ER this winter with dizziness (the legit real symptom) and numbness/tingling on the side of my face (caused by panic/anxiety although I wasn't sure at the time). They checked me out real good and flat out told me that they didn't suspect a stroke but even then they STILL recommended I stay overnight in the stroke watch area just in case. They don't take chances.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Thank you for replying. I have suddenly in the last 2 or 3 hours become very very dizzy but i think it may be my anxiety. I don’t want to take any chances but i also don’t want to creat hospital bills for nothing. I’m very young, I’m 18. I’m sure I’m fine but I’m still worried

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information