Thread: Coming off ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coming off ?

Quote Originally Posted by tamo View Post
    Ive been on 150mg daily for 7 weeks just . I'm wondering if I should try to just stop or taper so im keen to see how you go
    Going cold-turkey with any psych med is very unwise and even more so with anticonvulsants such as pregabalin (and gabapentin, BZDs). You may be able to cut back relatively quickly given the dose and length of time you've been taking it, but you should discuss this with your GP, or psychiatrist. You'll likely need some lower dose capsules too.

Re: Coming off ?

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    Going cold-turkey with any psych med is very unwise and even more so with anticonvulsants such as pregabalin (and gabapentin, BZDs). You may be able to cut back relatively quickly given the dose and length of time you've been taking it, but you should discuss this with your GP, or psychiatrist. You'll likely need some lower dose capsules too.
    Is there then the question of whether the Preg is masking some of the Benzo withdrawal? If so, they may need to carefully monitor this. Coming off the Preg is likely easy in a quick taper or full stop with such a short period on them but what is underneath from the withdrawal could mean things get worse or rebound,

Thread Information