Thread: Dread? how does it feel physically

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dread? how does it feel physically

I have had a stressful day to day, organised a party for my daughters birthday, party went ok, felt heavy uncomfortable dread as i call it that starts in the stomach and oozes threw my skin, which feel like my skin is burning, my friend said it is indigestion??? but i feel a physical dread in my body and a feeling of dispair, like you want to force yourself to cry, is this panic? stress or tension, its really affecting me. I can last ages and come in stronger waves.

Re: Dread? how does it feel physically

Hi there

I am soo sorry to hear how you are feeling hun I know its hard for you right now, but try not to worry about this feeling, it WILL pass.

When I was acute, I used to get this alot, still have some little short waves sometimes.

I was tought to number my anxiety, 10 being full blown, 1 being normal, I would say that for me, this feeling was a 5 or a 7 depending on how intence it was,this means a higher than normal, level of anxiety or stress, when I never hit full blown panic, I was told to praise myself, ohhh boy, tell myself how well I had done, in not letting it hit full blown.

I know this feeling is NOT Nice, but please try not to fear it, the fear will only feed it.

You have done GREAT today, WELL DONE. you should be proud of yourself today

You say your skin feels like its burning, is this only in your chest, then your friend is right, if it elswhere it will be your nerve ending
    The nervous system is a very complex network of electrically charged nerves which are found in every square centimeter of your body, around every organ, muscle and across your skin, the largest organ in the body. Abnormal nerve impulses due to anxiety can cause a vast array of strange sensations; although quite harmless these can be very disturbing

Be kind to yourself hun, think how well you have done today, have a nice bath, do you use relaxation cd's. these help, or listen to some nice soft music.

You take care hun, this will pass soon.

LOVE JILLXXX

------------------------------------------

"Every thought you think changes your
    biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your
    thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff that bring you
    joy.
    Look for things that bring you a
    SMILE"

---------------------------------

I think i know the feeling you mean. I had it this morning, we went burying my stepmums ashes, to be honest i wasnt actually feeling nervous or thinking loads about it but i had a horrible feeling like the one you described.
    Im not sure if this will help in future, but i found once i was there i got upset it was like an incredible release like it had all left me, which felt great. Im not suggesting that crying is the answer, but possibly that it is a build up of tension and that taking a moment to release the tension in whatever way you can, even just by relaxing and deep breathing, could be the answer, or at least ease the tension to a point.

Check some of the info on this site as it can be of good support but you will also find many members that can relate to how you feel.

I have dread right now. I can't put my finger on what is causing it and even if I could I don't think it would help. I have a knot of fear in my stomach and it is churning and it makes me think something bad is going to happen (i don't know what?). I hope knowing someone else is feeling the same way helps a bit? x

Hi Carol

How are you feeling today hun

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

------------------------------------------

"Every thought you think changes your
    biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your
    thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff that bring you
    joy.
    Look for things that bring you a
    SMILE"

---------------------------------

Hi yes still feeling waves of dread, but not as intense, what i am getting now is small down waves and a panic feeling like i need to call someone or go some where, must be anxiety again, doctor has given me diazepam which i have'nt touched yet. ta for asking jill

Thread Information