The fear of the unknown is frightening, and I think its quite a good sign you are thinking about how you will 'cope' after that baby is born. I don't mean that its good to worry excessively, but I think a little 'ooooo errrr, what will it be like, will it be ok, I'm a bit nervous?' is a sign that you take the responsibility of a child seriously. Its a BIG life step, and many people don't think about it enough and aren't ready - it sounds like you are perfectly ready as you have thought long and hard about many aspects of it. How will you cope? You will cope fine. There will be people around you to help - midwives, doctors and health visitors, along with your partner (and I'm hoping some family ?!) You've had to make a far more proactive and positive decision about following the path to conceive, than many who just 'do the deed', and I suspect that having IVF involved has put more pressure on you due to the nature of the processes involved. I don't blame you not being excited about the IVF, I've not had it but can imagine that for some people it can feel intrusive, difficult and a bit of a roller-coaster. Maybe someone who has experienced it will be along shortly to add some thoughts ? Don't feel bad about not being excited about IVF, it sounds daunting to me and I think you need view it as a means to an end. Don't add additional pressure on yourself by feeling that you should feel excited about the IVF process!

Pregnancy hormones - are great! Thats why women bloom and blossom and glow and look happy......well, certainly by trimester 2 lol At the start you can feel a bit wobbly, as hormones all alter, and if you get a bit of nausea and tiredness then for SOME it isn't a hugely fab experience. However, its not a negative one either, and its very temporary. You know what though, pregnancy is a short moment in your life, you might feel better than ever and totally fab, you might feel a bit emotional or tearful at times - but it will be all changed and gone in the blink of an eye. My advice would be to not think too far ahead; when daunting life changes come upon you break them up into small chunks. As you do one, then focus on the next, then the next....so for now don't worry about having the baby, the pregnancy and so on.....focus on the IVF.

I wanted to reply, as you'd had none yet ....sorry I can't help more....