Page 228 of 234 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 2331

Thread: Today’s headlines .........

Re: Today’s headlines .........

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    LOL I love the 'enclosed leaflet' Pain. So pretty much the same prescription we've been having for decades?
    Yes indeed, Fishy. No matter which brand, it still eventually ends up being a bitter pill we have to swallow....

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    LOL I love the 'enclosed leaflet' Pain. So pretty much the same prescription we've been having for decades?
    Yes, a work of true genius!

But kind of sums up many people's fickle tendencies in general, not just concerning politics but pretty much most other things in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    The next thing you know, folks’ll be flying in the face of common sense and flocking to supermarkets to stock up on bog roll (again)!
    God, I hope not!

If it does end up happening (heaven forbid), it will seem that many still haven't learned their lessons from the whole toilet roll debacle at the start of the Covid pandemic, which was the fact that there were no actual shortages of them in the first place with the whole panic-buying lark eventually turning into a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Ditto for the fuel panic-buying debacle in the early autumn of 2021 which was another self-fulfilling prophecy brought on by the gutter press at the time.

Sadly I think some folks just love the excitement of events of that nature.

I happen to like porridge Pain, in fact I love it!!

I've just checked the BBC site (including the Health sub-section) and there's nothing mentioned so far about the latest Bird Flu scare covered in the Mirror's linked article upthread.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I've just checked the BBC site (including the Health sub-section) and there's nothing mentioned so far about the latest Bird Flu scare covered in the Mirror's linked article upthread.
    Nothing about it on Sky News either when my dad was watching it about an hour ago.

Well the Tories have had a right hammering in yesterday's local elections, but most spectacularly in the Blackpool South by-election which was previously held by a Tory MP since 2019 and prior to then since 1997 by a Labour MP.

Just demonstrates how the political climate/zeitgeist in this country has shifted significantly in the spate of 5 years, or even 3 years since the Tories were still leading in the opinion polls and winning local council and by-elections well into 2021, in spite of that year being the high point of Covid overall, with Johnson fever of the time (2019-21) now being nothing more than just a bad memory for many who were fooled by all the relentless hype surrounding him and that he wasn't quite all he was cracked up to be!

Computers are smart.

Ever watched Demon Seed?

This guy was my cellmate for a week, back in 2014.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...s-32721485.amp

Jesus. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Conservatives’ Cunning Plan Revealed!...

After losing popularity among voters and fearing a total wipeout at the next general election, Tory MPs have secretly been ordered to defect to current political darling buds of May, the Labour Party. As more and more Tories infiltrate Labour, effectively displacing the prospective parliamentary Labour candidates by being the sitting incumbents, Sir Keir Starmer will end up with a party comprising more than half Conservative MPs, who will then vote en masse to get rid of him as leader and replace him with one of their own...! It all seems so simple... maybe just a bit too simple...

Keir Starmer faces Labour anger after Tory MP's defection’...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68980700

... But, y’know, it might, just might, work. I mean, now that there’s not a fag paper between the MPs’ politics of these two overtly centrist parties, we’ll never spot the difference!
    I'm sure the opposite has also been known to happen in the past; Labour MPs deflecting to the Tory Party (and of course to other parties), especially during times when Labour were at their lowest ebb in the opinion polls and at the same time universally despised by both the media and the general public alike, even as recently as 2019 (I think).

What goes around certainly comes around, especially in the ever-fickle world of politics.

Page 228 of 234 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230 ... LastLast

Thread Information