Thread: Unanswered threads.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Unanswered threads.

couldn't understand why no one wanted to reply to me and some people got loads of replys
    Thanks Sarah,

You are a perfect example of what I was trying to draw attention to. A distressed and anxious mind can start to make you wonder all sorts of things when nobody replies and you are already feeling desperate, AND you see others getting page after page of assistance. You hung around, many I suspect don't and don't return feeling possibly worse than before.

This isn't aimed at you Sarah -

It would be even better if those who never reply to others, and stuck to their own threads moved off their thread and took a few minutes to reach out to someone else. Mind, I suspect they aren't reading this anyway....
    Last edited by Carys; 08-05-19 at 22:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Thanks Sarah,

You are a perfect example of what I was trying to draw attention to. A distressed and anxious mind can start to make you wonder all sorts of things when nobody replies and you are already feeling desperate, AND you see others getting page after page of assistance. You hung around, many I suspect don't and don't return feeling possibly worse than before.

This isn't aimed at you Sarah -

It would be even better if those who never reply to others, and stuck to their own threads moved off their thread and took a few minutes to reach out to someone else. Mind, I suspect they aren't reading this anyway....
    I know I haven't always been the most aware of others on here. I was to pulled into my own worries and panics, I will admit that! It's about understand that we're all going through stuff- we're all in a boat but not necessarily the same boat (Strange point to make but I was trying to be a little more colorful!).

I know I haven't always been the most aware of others on here. I was to pulled into my own worries and panics, I will admit that! It's about understand that we're all going through stuff- we're all in a boat but not necessarily the same boat (Strange point to make but I was trying to be a little more colorful!).
    NO no Sarah, it really WASN'T aimed at you AT ALL.....there is a certain type of poster who never ever offers anything to anyone, ever. Everyone understands that there is a point whereby people aren't in a position to give anything back, that they are stuck in their own world (or kayak lol) of problems. I just think that sometimes, for those people who never give anything back and just take, it would do them so good to help someone else and thinking outside their own kayak to the one being rowed (do you row kayaks?) next to them.

You started this boat analogy thing....

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    NO no Sarah, it really WASN'T aimed at you AT ALL.....there is a certain type of poster who never ever offers anything to anyone, ever. Everyone understands that there is a point whereby people aren't in a position to give anything back, that they are stuck in their own world (or kayak lol) of problems. I just think that sometimes, for those people who never give anything back and just take, it would do them so good to help someone else and thinking outside their own kayak to the one being rowed (do you row kayaks?) next to them.

You started this boat analogy thing....
    Oh no! I didn't explain myself right! I wasn't trying to take that as a personal dig at me. I was explaining how I know sometimes one can be so pulled into their own worries/panic you don't always see other people feel the same as you!

Well...it's nice our metaphors have a nice nautical-ish theme!

Oh good, didn't want you to think I was being critical.

Anchors away, and may the tide and wind be in your favour ......

Thread Information