Thread: armpit pain

armpit pain

I live in a hot country, think 48 degrees daily at this time of the year. I have extremely dry skin so do not sweat....have had this my whole life. For the past few weeks I have had a pain in my right armpit. It feels like a skin irritation rather than deep under my arm if that makes sense although there is no redness, swelling, little bumps through shaving, rash....just looks totally normal. I have noticed that when I put baby powder on it and dry it up, it stops the rubbing. It isnt sore when I lie, or if I keep my arm in the one place but it starts to get painful when I move. Logically I can think that it is something to do with sweating due to the heat and me not usually sweating, irrational me is telling me it is something bad and i have spent so much time poking and prodding and checking that I have made myself sore.

Re: armpit pain

Quote Originally Posted by Pet59 View Post
    I live in a hot country, think 48 degrees daily at this time of the year. I have extremely dry skin so do not sweat....have had this my whole life. For the past few weeks I have had a pain in my right armpit. It feels like a skin irritation rather than deep under my arm if that makes sense although there is no redness, swelling, little bumps through shaving, rash....just looks totally normal. I have noticed that when I put baby powder on it and dry it up, it stops the rubbing. It isnt sore when I lie, or if I keep my arm in the one place but it starts to get painful when I move. Logically I can think that it is something to do with sweating due to the heat and me not usually sweating, irrational me is telling me it is something bad and i have spent so much time poking and prodding and checking that I have made myself sore.
    It sounds like chaffing and mild skin irrational try some sort of cooling cream for dry skin. Aloe Vera might be good.

Thread Information