Thread: Feeling fed up

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Feeling fed up

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Is there such a thing as mild bipolar?
    Bipolar II is absent full blown mania though Sally's description would probably fall short of that and might be classed at around cyclothymia in the bipolar spectrum. I have a friend you has episodes of considerable energy and creativity which is short of mania interspersed with periods of not exactly depression, more lassitude. Would he qualify for a bipolar I or II, probably not, but he would likely be classed as being somewhere on the spectrum. He's happy enough with his life and has never sought a diagnosis so we'll probably never know.

Re: Feeling fed up

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    Bipolar II is absent full blown mania though Sally's description would probably fall short of that and might be classed at around cyclothymia in the bipolar spectrum. I have a friend you has episodes of considerable energy and creativity which is short of mania interspersed with periods of not exactly depression, more lassitude. Would he qualify for a bipolar I or II, probably not, but he would likely be classed as being somewhere on the spectrum. He's happy enough with his life and has never sought a diagnosis so we'll probably never know.
    cyclothmania sounds about right but the lows are a lot deeper than the highs - when I am feeling ok I am just functioning as normal - I may have a few ideas at work but I canÂ’t do that when I am feeling low. The lows are quite deep to me- but I guess it would be considered mild as I can still work and get out of bed x

Thread Information