Cora, so glad to hear from you, but sad to see you're feeling like this.

I hope one of the more experienced HA sufferers will reply here, because I don't know how to advice. I feel your anxiety, I would be in the same condition as you are.

How to come back to your wits when your anxiety is raging? I'd like someone to help us with a few tricks. It's so difficult.

Your doctor does not seem to be too worried about you. I know you're thinking that simply the fact that MS is on his list, makes it all unbearable. But he did say BOTTOM, not top. There are countless possible explanations on his list, and MS is in the bottom. You're diagnosed with anxiety, right? I bet anxiety has a WAY higher score on his list.

From what I know and read about HA, you are presenting a typical HA behavioural sign by finding it difficult to cope with doctors' "come back in a few weeks, then we'll do some tests". They say that because in their experience many symptoms change over the course of weeks. Their job is to RULE OUT diseases, and MS is so far down on his list that he is not even ready to start ruling it out. He thinks MS is very unlikely, and even though it's in your family, the risk is low.

I'm rambling on trying to tell you what I would have tried to tell myself. I hope others will help me out here.

I'm not absolutely sure about the menaing of differential diagnosis, but is it adviceable for doctor with an anxiety patient to tell what's on his list of diffential diagnosis. I mean, this causes so much worry, and yet he says "give it a few weeks' time"