Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
You're unlikely to see any improvement for some time yet, except possibly from a placebo response. ADs are not fast acting meds. Nick.
Ah ye i know they took a long time when i first started them, possibly 8 weeks or so! I just wish i could feel a bit better!

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
Propranolol has only a short half-life, some 4-5 hours, so immediate release formulations will typically run out of steam within 10 hours. It is usually taken in 2-3 divided doses. Extended/sustained/slow-release formulations are effective for about 24 hours.
Ah ok, that seems to make sense i suppose because i take 40mg first thing in the morning with the sertraline and by about lunch time i start getting anxious again with the shakes, sweats, etc. I have a follow up drs appointment tomorrow so will ask if i can take 40mg twice a day and see what they say.

Still managing to get to work but its a bloody struggle feeling as bad as i do!
The dr asked if i had been taking any supplements too and i have been taking apetamin for a long time to try and gain weight. The dr said its main ingredient is cyproheptadine which causes anxiety so ive had to stop taking that now too on the instructions of the dr.

Nick