Page 40 of 384 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus worries?

Re: Coronavirus worries?

Well I was in Brighton yesterday so that's me doomed
    Whats going down in Brighton ? (apart from a nice aquarium)

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Whats going down in Brighton ? (apart from a nice aquarium)
    It's where the 3rd case was ID'd Carys

Quote Originally Posted by jray23 View Post
    If the reporting numbers are accurate, or at least representative of the larger sample size, the exponential level of growth of the virus spread continues to drop. Increases of 15% today. They might just be slowing this thing down or even starting to contain it.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    This is great to hear. But the doctor who was among the first to warn about how contagious the virus is, just died. He was 34 years old , which is truly scary. He worked in one of the Wuhan hospitals.

Funnily enough it was the south coast where my parents went on their honeymoon in 1951 when that smallpox alert went out. Neither got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana View Post
    This is great to hear. But the doctor who was among the first to warn about how contagious the virus is, just died. He was 34 years old , which is truly scary. He worked in one of the Wuhan hospitals.
    Although I just read in the US media that it has not been actually confirmed that he died. I certainly hope he did not.

Thanks Fishman - yeah, just seen that, it wasn't confirmed where when I read the news.

Lana, why is it truly scary ? We don't know anything about it at all, and to be honest with you (as its China) we are unlikely to hear the reasons surrounding it anyway. We don't know his medical history, and ummm how to put this - there are going to be 'conspiracy theories' as he was the primary whistle-blower.

Edited to add - the BBC have just changed their story to 'critically ill' and cite various social media and reporting confusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Thanks Fishman - yeah, just seen that, it wasn't confirmed where when I read the news.

Lana, why is it truly scary ? We don't know anything about it at all, and to be honest with you (as its China) we are unlikely to hear the reasons surrounding it anyway. We don't know his medical history, and ummm how to put this - there are going to be 'conspiracy theories' as he was the primary whistle-blower.

Edited to add - the BBC have just changed their story to 'critically ill' and cite various social media and reporting confusions.
    What a surprise...

Lovely to hear about the wallabies and tortoises. We had a nature outbreak in my city some years ago but it was less than possitive. Animal rights protestors broke in and released all the mink into the wild where they have devastated the local wildlife since they have no natural predators and are very aggressive. I think they have been culling them for some time but can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunflower318 View Post
    Not sure if you would take a Roo to a regular vet. Or how you would even get it there! Front seat with a seat belt? Roof? They are fast so maybe dangle a carrot outside the car and race it? What if you got a thief kangaroo and it kept stealing stuff and putting it in its pouch? Can people be allergic to them like cats?
    This is how I would get my Roo to the vets!

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Funnily enough it was the south coast where my parents went on their honeymoon in 1951 when that smallpox alert went out. Neither got it.
    I can't see your parents being put off going by that. Not after surviving WW2. Despite medical care being far less developed than it is today. Those were the days of gathering around the wireless for news and not getting a daily 24/7 bombardment of "updates" (if desired)

Page 40 of 384 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread Information