Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Odd experience. Need help

Re: Odd experience. Need help

Quote Originally Posted by Elly 2 View Post
    Thankyou all for your kind thoughts and encouragement. I will just have to try and overcome this, I am more or less ok if I'm with my daughter but go on my own and I'm a dithering wreck! I won't be beaten though. Thankyou so much everyone I will keep you posted. xx
    Well a good positive attitude will always help for sure and you certainly sound very positive

I think Tracie's tip about popping a strong mint in your mouth when you are in a situation again like that is a very good idea as things like that will distract you from feeling anxious.

Another thing you could try if you are on your own again in a similar situation is to take an iPod with some relaxing music or self help stuff on it so that you can listen to that and be distracted. I've got the Lucinda Bassett From Panic To Power on my iPod and I often listen to that when I am going into a situation where I might feel anxious. The good thing about them too is that as so many youngsters seem to have an iPod glued to their heads you don't look out of place with one either

Re: Odd experience. Need help

Hi Darlin

Definately sound like a PA to me, I read about how this works the other day....What happens is at some time you may have had an expierience in a shop that was unpleasant...you may not even remember it could have just knocked something over or seen someone that scared you...could be a subconscious thing you werent even aware of. So when you are in an anxious or sensitised state and you go to a shop and an old memory file opens and your brain links the present to an old memory and envokes the feeling. Its just your sensitised state that is causing your brain to link an old file to now. This could have happened to you and i am no expert but when i heard this it made sense so possible this is what has happened.

Hope this helps and makes sense

You are ok
    SUE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information