Third thread now...bored of me yet???
Been to see my CPN this morning and she's told me I have BPD. This was a bit of a shock as I have never heard of it before and once she explained what it was I was quite relieved as it all seems to make sense now. Apparently, 75% or sufferers either self harm or attempt suicide and have had a traumatic childhood suffering abuse etc. i would just like to say that I had an average childhood,good times and bad, was never beaten and certainly never abused, have never self harmed or attempted suicide. believe me i have thought about it a few times but could never do it as I have 2 children to think about. I just want to say that not everyone diagnosed with this is in the same "bracket" and should not be "stigmatised" (sorry to use that disgusting word but i think we're all used to it!) it is a god awful thing to have to deal with and explain to your friends and family as as soon as you mention "personality disorder", they think its a posh, up to date, PC word for "schizophrenia", but you just don't want to tell them that! It is not terribly dissimilar but not the same. i have been looking through the threads and only come across one other person on here with BPD and would like to find out as much as I can about it so if anyone can help please let me know xxx