Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Social distancing

Re: Social distancing

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Get yourself snug in amongst all those penguins, that will baffle Attenborough next time he's down there
    I have a tuxedo

There now seems to be a new phenomenon - "social distance shaming".
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...-fife-52230081

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    There now seems to be a new phenomenon - "social distance shaming".
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...-fife-52230081
    I think the cattle prod would be more effective than the tape but seriously people are just frightened and coming out of a complete lockdown is scary stuff as it carries a lot of personal responsibility with it. There are always those that will go 'over the top' and it's understandable ... as our PM says 'be kind'

This would be correct or until the virus is completely stamped out (which takes a long time in lockdown in the first place).

Yesterday, my state in the US extended lockdown until May 15th. We’ve been pretty fortunate in comparison to some states, with “only” roughly 1500 cases and 68 deaths so far. The lockdown is definitely putting a strain on those that were furloughed or laid off. But maybe it’s helped keep our case count down? It’s hard to say.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    Yesterday, my state in the US extended lockdown until May 15th. We’ve been pretty fortunate in comparison to some states, with “only” roughly 1500 cases and 68 deaths so far. The lockdown is definitely putting a strain on those that were furloughed or laid off. But maybe it’s helped keep our case count down? It’s hard to say.
    And yet you have a President who thinks he can override what the State Governors say: what doesn't he understand about your constitution?

Never mind the welfare cheques that will have "Donald J. Trump" all over them - a shameless piece of electioneering if ever I saw it.

And yet you have a President who thinks he can override what the State Governors say: what doesn't he understand about your constitution?

Never mind the welfare cheques that will have "Donald J. Trump" all over them - a shameless piece of electioneering if ever I saw it.
    oh he’s an absolute moron. At the beginning of all this he refused to shut down the country, saying it was up to the states to handle. Now with some states talking about how to reopen things, he says he and he alone has that “absolute power”. He’s an idiot and I think there’s a really good majority of us that are seriously embarrassed every time he opens his mouth. I’m praying he doesn’t get re-elected in November but I’m not sure the other side has a strong enough candidate to beat him. Guess we’ll see.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    oh he’s an absolute moron. At the beginning of all this he refused to shut down the country, saying it was up to the states to handle. Now with some states talking about how to reopen things, he says he and he alone has that “absolute power”. He’s an idiot and I think there’s a really good majority of us that are seriously embarrassed every time he opens his mouth. I’m praying he doesn’t get re-elected in November but I’m not sure the other side has a strong enough candidate to beat him. Guess we’ll see.
    Yes, hopefully this will be a wake up call for the USA although he still has a large fan/voter base who think he's a king and the next thing to God! The USA is a very divided nation, there are a lot of angry, disgruntled people and Trump says the words they wanted to hear, (although they are lies) and continues to do so.
    I find it strange that any government that gets into power in the USA can change the states area boundaries so that voting can go in their favour! Actually the whole voter system is screwed and not a true representation of the people's wishes.
    Looking in as an outsider, it appears that the only thing Trump has achieved is in taking the USA backwards in time, approx 50 years! I hope you get your wish of a Democratic president next time.

Everyday at his press conference he does backflips,the goose knew about the virus When he met with Pres,Xii in December he should of acted then.More than 5 million people flew out of China over Xmas and guess what the majority flew to America and other countries in Asia.
    What a time to cut funding for W.H.O the man is an embarrassment.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information