Thread: Another 💩 post

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Another 💩 post

Commenting here instead of starting a new thread - so the past week or so they haven't been as soft, but I've now noticed they're a tan colour. Has anyone had this before? I'm trying not to freak out. I had blood tests done in August which showed high bilirubin (27 when the normal is 20) and I'm waiting three months to get them redone, so wondering if this is linked? The other blood tests re my liver were fine and my doctor said they use the results from those to judge it too.

Has anyone had similar before?

Re: Another 💩 post

Quote Originally Posted by cry View Post
    Commenting here instead of starting a new thread - so the past week or so they haven't been as soft, but I've now noticed they're a tan colour. Has anyone had this before? I'm trying not to freak out. I had blood tests done in August which showed high bilirubin (27 when the normal is 20) and I'm waiting three months to get them redone, so wondering if this is linked? The other blood tests re my liver were fine and my doctor said they use the results from those to judge it too.

Has anyone had similar before?
    Anything you ingest affects your poo - obviously!

Poo normally comes in many shades and varies by the day.

Tan? Depends on your idea of tan? Genuinely orange poo could suggest gallbladder or liver issues, but then you can get orange poo if you eat a lot of processed food. If it's more like the colour of the stockings ya nan used to wear, then it's just a normal variant of brown.

Your negative liver tests are a good sign!

Raised bilirubin has lots of causes - one being certain medications. I don't know about levels and what they mean to a doctor, because 27 might seem high to you, but it might be slightly raised to someone who knows what they're looking at, you know? But if he is waiting three months to re-test you, I'd presume you're not in any imminent danger, and you may even find that they've dropped when you are re-tested.

A question I would be asking my GP is: can the meds I'm taking raise bilirubin levels? And, if this is a new thing, as in you've never had raised levels in your blood tests before and it's coinciding with you taking a new medication - then I'd say it's a valid question to be asking.

Absolutely nothing wrong in being proactive with your own health! (within reason)

Your GP is on this. You just need to sort your anxiety out, and try not to obsess about poo!

Having earned my poo-checking badge when I lost my mind to HA, four years ago, I know how freaked out one can become to the normal variations in shade and texture, but these days I just flush and go (washing my hands, obvs)

Thread Information