Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
Hi yes, I felt like this when I met my now fiancé. We'd been going out for nearly a year when a couple of issues cropped up (which they do in relationships) and I instantly thought that he was like all the others! At the time I'd been divorced for 17 years, then I'd had a few relationships (not live-in thank goodness) with narcissistic men, my ex-husband was also a narc and verbally abusive. I'd ended all these relationships. My now fiancé knew about my relevant past relationship history.

So, I emotionally took a step back, addressed the 'incidences' with him, told him how I felt then waited to see what would happen. To my amazement he didn't become defensive, didn't blame me or become verbally abusive and talked about the issues in a very rational, adult manner. Seven and a half years later things are still great and we can discuss things openly.

After I ended my marriage, I decided that I was prepared to risk loosing a relationship, in order to be heard and to preserve my dignity
How long did you feel this way for? I'm worried that this anxiety is telling me I don't want to be in the relationship even though I don't want to lose him.

It's hard to listen to your gut when you have anxiety.