Take some deep, calming breaths. It’s completely understandable that you’re petrified right now, but you’re going to be okay.

What you’re feeling could be anxiety, or it could be a symptom of covid (or perhaps both!). Even if it is covid, that is okay. It does not mean you’re about to crash. I also had lumps and tightness in my throat, and I could feel the skin around my lymph nodes stretching as they bulged out from my throat. Not fun, but all totally normal. Remember, it’s mostly a respiratory virus so you’re throat and breathing will likely feel a little off, but that is okay! That’s just your body reacting to the virus. I had the sensation (and sometimes still do) of just having done a long run out in cold weather, even when I had been laying in bed all day. Do you know the sensation I’m talking about? Where your bronchial tubes and lungs just feel a little tight and raw? You might have something similar, and that’s okay!! You’re sick and things are going to feel funky. But it does not mean you’re hospital bound.

In my opinion, I think you are you to be fine. I’m sure there are some outlier cases of people crashing 15 days out, but it seems like most cases take a turn for the nefarious around day 5 of symptoms. Your body has done an amazing job of fighting this for the past 13 days. Thank you, body!! Just be as kind and as gentle to yourself as possible. You’re incredibly strong and your body is showing a great immune response to this. You will likely feel a little off for awhile, or maybe even really off, but that does not mean you are in danger of crashing (or worse), it just means you’re sick and your body needs some tea and rest at the moment. Treat yourself. Cuddle up in your fave sweatshirt and comfy pants, get a good blanket wrapped around you and have a hot cup of tea with some honey. You’ve got this!! You’re already doing amazing, and that will continue.