Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
The price on the train one way was $5890 for platinum.
Gulp! The champers would have had to be very good...and lots of it!

to Broome that was a real adventure had a major panic attack along way
That's unusual. Most people don't have PAs until they get to Broome and discover how expensive the beer is!

did you hit many roos cause my sister said they must have wiped out about a dozen one way their car had front end damage even with a bull bar
Amateurs. I grew up in the bush north east of Kalgoorlie and began driving when I was just big enough to reach the pedals at around 9/10 yo. In the over 60 years since I've only ever hit a couple of birds, never anything on the road, although I did have a very close shave a couple of months ago. Tasmania is the road kill capital of the world. I regularly pull the dead off to the side on my morning walks. The crows here are so fat they only waddle away from carcasses as cars approach.

I would be in Tassie now if it wasn’t for Covid the heat and humidity up here in The Whitsundays is horrible and it’s only Spring.I dread the summer months ahead.
And a lot of us in Tassie had been desperate to get north during winter. Apparently, it was one of the coldest and wettest in many years. Much of my working life was spent in Qld. I didn't mind the heat then, but the humidity was a constant source of aggravation. In my dotage, however, I've become less tolerant of heat which is why I moved here from Adelaide a couple of years ago.