Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: My COVID Prediction

Re: My COVID Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    I’m not one to use the word racism lightly, but that comment is racist as hell.
    Or perhaps they disagree with how people in their country weren't interested in black people or migrants until it was white people? They didn't say they felt that way after all.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    that was my thought as well. I’m trying to look on the other side though, perhaps there is a cultural difference at work here or English not being the primary language. It’s tough though.
    And not forgetting the many black people who disagree with current terms like people of colour and BAME. The latter some now consider racist.

So perhaps best not to jump to conclusions...

Well, I just saw on the news that SA has banned the sale of alcohol temporarily because people were getting together to drink and/or were making unsafe social practices due to being under the influence. I assume they're all feeling pretty cranky there lately LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Or perhaps they disagree with how people in their country weren't interested in black people or migrants until it was white people? They didn't say they felt that way after all.
    Yeah I suppose so, just reads a bit...I don’t know, iffy.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    And not forgetting the many black people who disagree with current terms like people of colour and BAME. The latter some now consider racist.

So perhaps best not to jump to conclusions...
    one of the many problems with social media and other forms of “remote” conversations - you can’t judge anything based on what’s written because we’re missing the human context - body language, tone of voice, etc. I’m not sure that the poster necessarily meant that the way it’s written.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    one of the many problems with social media and other forms of “remote” conversations - you can’t judge anything based on what’s written because we’re missing the human context - body language, tone of voice, etc. I’m not sure that the poster necessarily meant that the way it’s written.
    I'd agree with that glassgirl and alluded to an alternative take on the poster's comments. Even though when I first read it, it was the 'Before it was mainly blacks and migrants who was getting it but nobody cares too much about them', comment which leapt off the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Yeah I suppose so, just reads a bit...I don’t know, iffy.
    I know what you mean, you could easily be right.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    I'd agree with that glassgirl and alluded to an alternative take on the poster's comments. Even though when I first read it, it was the 'Before it was mainly blacks and migrants who was getting it but nobody cares too much about them', comment which leapt off the screen.
    Sorry, fishman. I think we made same point so yours was enough.

Oh dear all this fuss about a small error

I missed out word "poor"

Noone in my country care about poor blacks and migrants.

I am not white

We have many racist in my country. Not just white but black on other black.

In case you never knew, if you look at a map of Africa the borders are all straight lines. This is because in 19th century the colonial powers got together and carved up the continent among themselved.

This meant that many minority. nomadic tribed found themselves stuck in a particular country suffering violence at the hands of established tribes. Still the case today. Nigeria a good example.

My country have many migrants fron Zimbabwe and Namibia. They get blamed for bringi g HIV. They are not juzt discriminated against but murdered by vigilantes

Im a bit concerned about tbis forum now. This is about covid but was turned into racism. This would not have happened on similar forums I joined

Thank you Terry for realising I was not a racist. Its shame that your friends were so quick to jump to conclusions

Quote Originally Posted by quaksalver View Post
    Oh dear all this fuss about a small error

I missed out word "poor"

Noone in my country care about poor blacks and migrants.

I am not white

We have many racist in my country. Not just white but black on other black.

In case you never knew, if you look at a map of Africa the borders are all straight lines. This is because in 19th century the colonial powers got together and carved up the continent among themselved.

This meant that many minority. nomadic tribed found themselves stuck in a particular country suffering violence at the hands of established tribes. Still the case today. Nigeria a good example.

My country have many migrants fron Zimbabwe and Namibia. They get blamed for bringi g HIV. They are not juzt discriminated against but murdered by vigilantes

Im a bit concerned about tbis forum now. This is about covid but was turned into racism. This would not have happened on similar forums I joined

Thank you Terry for realising I was not a racist. Its shame that your friends were so quick to jump to conclusions
    It appears I owe you an apology.

I honestly do try to veer away from that type of accusation unless I’m very certain I’m right.

You’re correct though, I raced far too quickly to a conclusion and I was very clearly wrong. I’m very sorry for that and hope you can see it was a genuine mistake.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread Information