Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My COVID Prediction

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: My COVID Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Come on Gaz, you know love to brush people up the wrong way

We've all got nothing to do right now. I'm sure if we had better things to do we probably wouldn't be sat here calling each other numpties.
    But on a serious note when somebody says "if one presumes" it most definitely does not mean "this is fact", or "this is going to happen"

In all fairness I was angry that my piece was worded in such a way it couldn't be taken as fact, yet people still read it as if I was speaking fact.

So can we rewind, and entertain the presumption. If you don't want to entertain the presumption there's no need to post.
    Dude, I was trying to get you to stop being so gloomy. You seemed to be of a mind that this virus wouldn’t be controllable in our lifetime, I was merely trying to point out the advances we’ve made in one year so thinking it’s going to be like this for the foreseeable future is just not what the evidence suggests

I think it’s just a simple case of you needing to take a reply for what it is rather than just hitting the roof at the first sign of someone not agreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Dude, I was trying to get you to stop being so gloomy. You seemed to be of a mind that this virus wouldn’t be controllable in our lifetime, I was merely trying to point out the advances we’ve made in one year so thinking it’s going to be like this for the foreseeable future is just not what the evidence suggests

I think it’s just a simple case of you needing to take a reply for what it is rather than just hitting the roof at the first sign of someone not agreeing with you.
    I know mate. 70% of the time I can do this. 30% of the time I can't. Sometimes I'm flippant. Sometimes I speak before thinking. I'd make an awful president/PM. I think I'd be a Donald Trump tbh. Or a King Jung Un

Gary I wish I could see past the gloom, but for almost a year I've been riding hope and today we're in a bad situation in terms of numbers.

I was screaming at the radio when I heard lockdown was lifted. I was actually angry about it. Because, the way my brain sees things is there is nothing to stop the virus at the moment which means it's evident what will happen. The numbers will rise. It feels like the country is going around in circles and not learning from the previous mistakes.

It begs to question then why would the Government do this in December knowing what will happen? My only conclusion is to ensure people's money goes into the tax pot, instead of Amazon and eBay's pockets.

But my conclusion might be jumping the gun. And obviously I'm not saying that's what did happen. And I understand how that conclusion is mostly without evidence which could be considered conspiracy except I wouldn't peddle that around. It's just my conclusion from my previous knowledge about the shenanigan's Amazon and eBay pull when it comes to paying taxes in the UK.

I do enjoy discussion I just hate it when people think I'm wearing a tin foil hat. Or, I'm stupid. That's how I was made to feel all my life growing up throughout school and I'd react in the same way, and people would laugh, further getting me annoyed :(

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    That's how I was made to feel all my life growing up throughout school and I'd react in the same way, and people would laugh, further getting me annoyed :(
    You're my kind of human James. Interesting, a sense of humour, and it matters to you when you get it wrong. Another BIG plus - you're not afraid to apologise.

The last person who called me stupid got my NVQ in Childcare and Education (with merit) shoved into his face.

"Allowing" and tolerating people having different opinions may be a tad challenging for some people on here...because it's much harder for them to accept and move on.

Only speaking for myself, but I don’t think I treated you like you were wearing a tinfoil hat or that you were stupid. You just read like you were in a bit of a spiral and I tried to put a bit of perspective on it, that’s all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    Only speaking for myself, but I don’t think I treated you like you were wearing a tinfoil hat or that you were stupid. You just read like you were in a bit of a spiral and I tried to put a bit of perspective on it, that’s all.
    This

James, of course it's not fact, like so much we all post on here it's our opinion. No one on here can give facts about the future when the experts can't either.

The government said the last lockdown was just to slow it down to allow a more normal month. Business depends on this period and taking it away might mean liquidation to many.

I think a further lockdown or tightening after was always the plan. Ideally, as the docs wanted, it would be lockdown throughout. But they get to look at the narrow issue of health and not the economy. And health people tend to firefight i.e. reduce virus, worry about business owners having breakdowns later.

closed pending admin review

will open again soon
    Last edited by venusbluejeans; 11-12-20 at 21:02.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Open again... please keep it civil

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Covid is a volatile subject, and most of us on here have mental health disorders. This year has taken it's toll on all of us. It's also part of forum life for folk to occasionally lose their shit now and then because we're human. My issue is with you tearing a strip off James when you, by your own admission, have historically lost your temper on here. How did you feel after you'd lost your shit? Bad enough to tell us you wanted to leave by the looks of it. So chances are you didn't feel very good about yourself? Given your history on here, I just think you could have been a little more forgiving Gary. That's all.
    Well that’s your issue. Enjoy it.

Only on this forum could someone actually threaten folk and the person who answers him back be chastised.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information