Hi,

I was hoping I could get some words of reassurance from someone who has maybe experienced something similar or have someone at least tell me what happened? It’s Saturday and I plan to go to my GP on Monday to discuss this but want to stop worrying in the meantime.

I’ve always had palpitations. I’ve had many ecgs over the years which always come back ok but I’ve never experienced anything abnormal while having them. I had a 24hr tape and an echo 5 years ago which was normal. Never had any kind of stress test however.
The doctors always put my fast heartrate and palpitations down to anxiety and never bother looking into anything further. Even when I was pregnant with a heart rate of 140 then just said “anxiety”

For me my palpitations are normally skipped beats but this morning I had breakfast then did a work out, during my workout my heart skipped a few beats and I carried on. However when I stopped the workout and sat down, my eyes went blurry and it was like the room spun then BAM really fast and really hard heartbeat pounding out of my chest, I could see black dots in my eyes and everything felt crazy. I called my husband as I was home alone with two young children. I did what I’ve done before with sudden, fast heart episodes and pushed down and coughed which stopped it after a couple minutes. I felt calm the entire time it happened but I now feel terrified.

I’m now really shaken up. I’ve had episodes before of where my heart suddenly goes really fast and hard and I’ve had to push down and cough to stop it. But I’ve always told myself oh it must be stress. The fact that this morning was triggered by a workout and I had blurry eyes and the room spun. I am now TERRIFIED that this means something is wrong with my heart.

I think my worrying is making me feel worse right now. But I feel like the workout and the vision along with the sudden fast and hard heart must be a red flag.

Was that an SVT attack or Afib? Or can panic attacks be like that? I know no one is a doctor on here. Would just like to hear if anyone has experienced something similar?

Thank you so much for any help.