I was hoping to hear some recovery stories. I realise it's probably slightly flawed sample group as i imagine most people who recovered don't come on the forum anymore (I know I didn't) but still.

My HA first appeared 4 and a half years ago and completely took over my life with endless horrible symptoms. After a year (and numerous tests) I gradually got better to the point it no longer took over my life on every day basis and most of my weird symptoms went away. I still obsessed about illnesses but much less and it was manageable and got triggered by body sensations a lot, but luckily I'm a healthy 20-something so it didn't happen a lot. There were also few impulsive a&e visits, but maybe once a year - which was a big improvement for me.

Few weeks ago my HA started again, after having an anxiety relapse and I'm suddenly really struggling again and having weird symptoms. I'm so tired and wondering if I will always be like this - obsessed with health and triggered whenever I experience a strange sensation, with a bigger relapse every few years. I'm sure I will get out of this glitch eventually - although not sure if I'm able to do it without seeking doctor's reassurance first - but what I really want is to live like a normal person again not always thinking about health. And also is seeking doctors advice when you experience scary symptoms really failing at managing? Because fact is that people with anxiety will experience strange symptoms that people without anxiety don't.