Thread: feeling awful

feeling awful

Dear All,

Really not feeling good today.My parents have taken my son (2 years) out with them for the day,just to give me a bit of a break.

I have been seeing a CBT now fro 2 weeks,its been going really well and she is very supportive,even though i felt a little bit shy and silly at first as she seems much younger than me (I am 29) and i felt uncomfortable to begin with.I have to be honest and say that i find having Anxiety and Post Natal Depression highly embarrasing and feel like a freak and very inadequate most of the time.Does everybody feel this way ?

I am also getting into a it of difficulty financially aswell.I rang up the tax credits people yesterday to be told that i am getting no more money because of an over payment (I was not aware of any overpayment)so i am now trying to survive on incapacity benefit and child benefit.This i am finding a struggle.

My incapacity benefit is up for renewal in March,and this has added to me feeling low and depressed again.I have been managing to control my Post Natal Depression lately (With the help of Anti-D's) But can feel myself slipping worrying about having to complete more forms etc.Would the benefits people agree that my anxiety is stopping me from working ? I would say almost definaetly yes,but will they see it that way.

Please pleasde can someone offer me some help,I am feeling lonely and desperate again.

I am struggling with anxiety folllowing post natal depression

Hello there,
    Im sorry to hear that you are finding life a struggle at the moment. We find with anxiety that any stresses we have are very difficult to handle.
    Usually, your GP, pschologist or psychiatrist can provide help with dealing with the Benefits agency. They will provide statements on your behalf.
    If you have a 2yr old child, you can always apply for income support if you dont get incapacity benefit or similar. You wont be left with no money at all. I have survived on income support for a long time now. I have four children and cant work.
    Being on income support is not ideal, but you can manage.
    Post natal depression has a habit of rearing its ugly head when under stress. Dont worry too much, it will lift.
    Take care
    Jude x

"Would the benefits people agree that my anxiety is stopping me from working ?"

They wouldn't have a choice if your GP declared you unfit for work. You are also on anti-depressants which are helping your depression, but you still have depression, and you are seeing a CBT counsellor.
    Don't worry, speak to your GP and counsellor about your concerns, but I'm sure your incapacity benefit will continue to be paid.

Regards,

Blue
    --
    Take little steps

talk to your gp about the benefits forms i think they can help by sending a letter saying you cant yet go to work but dont worry too much you wont be left with no income at all im sure just concentrate on getting yourself feeling better

fan x

**i find having Anxiety and Post Natal Depression highly embarrasing and feel like a freak and very inadequate most of the time**

Think we all have felt just like this at some stage- it passes as you improve. I saw it in a much better light once I could see progress.

I decided that a couple of years out of my life in the great scheme of things wasn't too much to ask. Now it seems well worth the results of all the efforts I put in to get better.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Hi ADC

Sorry to hear about what's been going on for you, it can't be easy... To echo the wise words already posted here see if you can get your GP on your side regarding the forms and everything.. Citizen's Advice might also be a good place to contact if you are having difficulties. What you're suffering from is recognised as a debilitating condition (and we all know that it is) so I would say try not to feel snowed under by it all; problems seem to mount when we're anxious and although life always has some stress try to reduce pressure on yourself as much as you can as it will help you cope and begin to recover.

Keep posting and talking to us and you'll get through - there are solutions for every problem - it's just hard to remember that when we're so anxious but they are there and I'm sure your situation will improve very soon.

Hang on in there.

Cheers

J

Thread Information