On day 7 since my first positive Covid test and I’m feeling so much despair. My husband and daughter are still pretty sick. I’m finishing up my unpleasant course of Paxlovid. And, I’m reading about how post-infection immunity is getting more and more illusive.

We were incredibly careful for the entire pandemic. Last week we went to the Van Gogh experience and, with the exception of a private party at a restaurant and my office where only two other people work, it was the first public indoor space I went to without a mask since the start. Three days later I had Covid. Now, some scientists are saying you can get ba5 ever 4 weeks, so getting sick doesn’t even offer long term protection.

And we were sick. This wasn’t “just a cold” or some surprise asymptomatic positive. All of us, including my 8 year old, got very sick for several days. It was like a bad flu - not something I want to have once a month.

I’ve been one of those people holding out hope that things would get better, but now I’m really losing hope.

How are you all coping as year 3 doesn’t seem to be offering much light at the end of the tunnel? I just read an article that maybe Covid would become endemic in 2 more years….