Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Women of a certain age...

Re: Women of a certain age...

I'm a big fan of home remedies, (probably because I like to avoid the doctor). But some of those old fashioned remedies work and so many foods have natural healing.
    Sleep is amazing at repairing when we are sick.
    I do feel now as you get older that they want to test you for almost everything under the sun and I've heard my local dentist spat the same lingo to aging patients.... "give up sugar, stop drinking alcohol, stop smoking, get plenty of exercise" and I look at him and think, "I bet you don't".

Reading up on menopause is such an eye-opener for me. I never realised it could cause anxiety and so many symptoms like the crawling on the legs. That occasional head rush, the sudden pain in the wrist, ankle, knee, back. Feeling wiped out, feeling teary, feeling angry, feeling depressed. Feeling bloated, looking bloated.
    Don't get me started on the loss of eyebrows and hair coming out like there's no tomorrow when you brush your hair. As for hair... So much dryer, doesn't seem to lay comfortably around your face, almost turns wild and needs a good amount of taming. And where has my armpit hair gone? Even my legs hardly need shaving these days (but that's positive!)

Great thread. I’m 48 and my symptoms include, headaches, 6 weekly periods, itchy ears with peeling skin, dry facial skin, moles and freckles which have peeled, scabbed, gone completely or gone bigger, feeling hot, bad sleep at night and crawling sensation on my skin. It’s not a happy time for us girls!

It certainly isn't Blonde
    The crawling skin is so weird.

Talking of hair Carnation, I’ve noticed a couple of hairs sprouting up on my chin, I pluck them out but the darn things grow again, before you know it, I’ll be growing balls and talking with a deep voice....

Lasers are your friend. I've been gradually getting my moustache layered off.

Hi Blue...
    i was thinking of those but didn’t know how good they were, have you bought your own or are you having it professionally done and does it work xx

I've been spared that so far YNWA

YNWA, My office buddy's auntie is a former hospital laser tech who runs her own salon. I've had about six sessions on my upper lip - £20 per session, every 2 months or so - and I don't think there's much left to go. It takes about ten minutes total and the worst the pain gets is a 2/10 for a fraction of a second. Would definitely recommend, especially if you're fair with dark hair.

Spotting again and freaking out, I'd really rather not involve a GP. I'm wondering if all the stress with my Dad and the phone being stolen could be involved.

Stress could well be a factor.
    BlueIris, I read so many posts about spotting. Check them out if it will give you reassurance. x

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread Information