Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Women of a certain age...

Re: Women of a certain age...

The best hand cream I've found is Bodyshop hemp handcream. I wash my hands and use alcohol gel a lot with work so my hands get dry - the rest of me is quite oily.

Oh yes, if I'm near a toilet I always think " may as well go while I'm here" . My hands get dry too and get some red patches but no itching. I think since Covid I've washed my hands a lot more plus we have a lot of outdoor animals etc so always seem to be washing them which doesn't help with an already dryer body. My skin in general is a lot dryer. I hardly ever used to bother moisturising but now I do it nearly every day.

I love the Body Shop hemp range!

Unfortunately I have very dry skin even under normal circumstances, and while I haven't had red patches before my hands have been peeling pretty much constantly for a couple of years.

The best hand cream I’ve found for the winter is Cetraben. It’s so good over night & when your hands get those sore knuckles.

Ladies, I have a question for you all: does any of you have spider or varicose veins? I am 62, and I noticed little bit more of spider veins on my legs. Unfortunately, I read today that there was a woman in China who developed spider and varicose veins all over her trunk, stomach, , back ( really severe), and was diagnosed with lymphoma. I wish I had not seen that article.

I've got them on my face and breasts. I don't love them, but they don't worry me.

I have them on my breast as well.
    Lana I don't think you have anything to worry about.
    Even my o/h has them on his legs.

Carnation, and certainly all the other ladies,

I love this little sub-Forum of hours, and honestly, I wish we could meet once every couple of weeks, and just sit together, drink coffee or tea, and talk. It is so helpful, and I am so happy to be part of the group.

I just went through all the posts here again, and want to add:

Yes, pee problems, getting during the night to pee, and often must pee very shortly after I had already peed; within last three weeks had transvaginal ultrasound, and bladder and kidneys ultrasound : normal results. Pee problems continue though;
    Still occasional night sweats; I used to have them really severe in my mid 50s, and then I had a break for several years, but now again, although rarely;
    Yes, I am also often plucking stubborn hair from my chin;
    My skin is sometimes itchy for no reason;
    I sometimes have restless legs , but it is not always , and for the life of me, sometimes it seems like all of this comes from my mind;
    In the last two years my previously only slightly deviated septum worsened, and I can barely breathe through my left nostril;

Because of all these ( and other) symptoms, I have been to the doctors so many times, and had so many tests, that I am really scared if something is actually physically wrong, nobody will believe me, LOL...

I also believe that I am not really happy with my life, which I probably trained myself to translate into various physical symptoms and anxiety; in addition, after my mother died three years ago, death is almost always on my mind, which I know is the stupidest waste of time - but I do know how to get rid of it.

I love this little sub-Forum of hours, and honestly, I wish we could meet once every couple of weeks, and just sit together, drink coffee or tea, and talk. It is so helpful, and I am so happy to be part of the group

That would be lovely but we have to settle for here for now.

Lana, it's sometimes difficult to separate menopausal symptoms from menopausal symptoms as I've said previously. After some research I found so much that made me realise it wasn't all anxiety which in a way gave me some relief. Although the symptoms are not that pleasant, the knowing why is a relief in itself.

Lana I've lost my mother too and like you 'death' crosses my mind more times than I'd like it to be.
    Then I think that my mum wouldn't want that and I busy myself with something. I think to a certain extent its natural after such a loss, so you are not alone. x

I've been thinking (like you do, lol) about getting older and discovering the true identity of yourself.
    We play roles in life..... the daughter, the girlfriend, the wife /partner, the mother, the carer.... but when those roles are finished or not needed in any great capacity there is a certain amount of emptiness/void to be filled. In fact, it probably existed most of the time while we played those roles but as you get older it becomes a bit more apparent with the feelings of finding your vocation and doing what you want, finding yourself.
    Sometimes it's not always about physical stuff but the mental cravings, the finding of happiness and peace.
    You hear about people taking up painting, writing a book, joining walking groups, starting up classes to learn something. Going to exercise classes, becoming volunteers for an organisation /charity, even going back to work. It's like we are seeking something but this time around we have the choice or think more about what we would like to do with our time rather than be pressurised out of necessity.

Another thing....
    Clothes /Style.
    No one wants to look like their granny but at the same time, the thought of teenage style clothes could just make you look a bit ridiculous and draw attention to yourself.
    No, we want to look good and fir people to comment on how nice your outfit is.
    Luckily in this decade almost anything goes and there's no particular fashion as such. The shops seem to cater for a wide age group with no rules.
    Certain pieces stand the test if time with fashion and age such as jeans.
    But as you age, your body does to and that extra weight on the tummy area has you wearing loose tops, baggy jumpers. I've discovered a blouse /shirt a great item because it has shape to the top and hangs loose around the tummy. Cardigans are great to, so are gilets.
    So it's not just what is going on inside our bodies, it's how we adapt to changing body on the outside.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread Information