Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Women of a certain age...

Re: Women of a certain age...

How's everyone doing?

I found another menopause symptom. So many!
    The sudden onset that you feel like you are walking on a stone or your bone feels out of place.
    I thought it might be an arthritic thing but found out it could be another menopausal symptom.

Loss of the fatty pad can be really painful. Cushion insoles!

Yes, it can catkins. You actually feel every bump and uneven surface.

I had my only child age 33 and have never been right since. Always been in antidepressants and sleeping pills, Benzos. Admitted to a psychiatric hospital in 2016. Became Agoraphobic during Covid and though my meds really helped my indoor anxiety during this time, I missed my first 3 menstrual cycles, but had one on 2nd January. Since then, my anxiety is back with a vengeance and I am sleeping 3 hours a night, waking up panic ridden. I had forgotten just how awful and terrifying it is. Decided to nip it in the bud and started Hrt conti 2 days ago. I realise, It's going to be a long rough road and I know it's my age and hormones. I knew I'd have a rough time because I struggled in my teens and with pregnancy, but honestly, I was hoping because I am on 3 lots of meds, I might also find this transition easier. But I feel like I'm in hell again! Partner being an absolute arse hole today screaming at me!

I'm on HRT and it really helps me, it isn't a cure all but it makes things a heck of a lot easier. It's a slow build up so does take a while to get the full effect.

This is what my life has come to: my period arrived this morning after a perfect 28 days - shorter than I've often been, but things have been trending that way lately. I'm now having a murderous panic attack because...

What if it lasts forever again?
    What if I get giant clots this month again?

Feeling sick, shaky, unable to focus but mostly really annoyed with myself.

It doesn't last forever BI.
    Giant clots? They may seem that way but it truthfully is just the gunk your body rids during a monthly cycle. It's in no way a danger to the rest of your body as it comes from your womb. You are panicking from a memory perspective. 28 days couldn't be more spot on.
    You've also got to stop constantly checking and just let it run it's natural course.
    Maybe when you feel your mind escalating is a time to throw yourself into something that takes your concentration fully. Eventually if you keep doing this the brain will come to realise there is no need for any panic or worry.

Right, yes. I have plenty of work to be getting on with, so I've switched tasks to something that requires focus rather than creativity.

Do you have any elastic bands in that office?
    Put one on your wrist and thwack it when the thoughts start spiralling and carry on with your task xxx

BI I'm the same . Whenever it arrives my brain starts to go " ok great, what's it got in store this time" haha. But each time I also tell myself it's one less to go through and one day there will be no more. Hooray. Last one was a 37 day cycle, this time it arrived on day 20. Never had one that close. I'm seeing the dentist tomorrow and thought it wouldn't arrive until the end of the week at the earliest . But really I don't know why it bothers me, not like I'm running a marathon, I just have to lie in a chair for a while .

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread Information