Thread: Sounds in left ear

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sounds in left ear

Hello all,
    I'm new to posting to this forum but have been reading it for a while as I've had very bad health anxiety for a long time. For the past few months I've been hearing muffled popping sounds in my left ear in response to certain sounds that I originally thought was maybe just from ear wax or something, but recently my anxiety has gotten really bad and I've focused on it a lot more. If the room is very quiet and I rustle my keys or open a plastic bag, I can hear the fluttering noise. I went to the ENT today and they didn't see any wax or infection, they did a hearing test and exam where everything looked fine and normal except for mild-moderate hearing loss in that ear for higher frequencies.

The doctor said he didn't know what the cause could be of the fluttering/popping noises but wanted to do an MRI to rule anything out. I'm been getting myself into a panic thinking it might be an acoustic neuroma, and I'm not sure how long I'll have to wait for the test since I have to find out if my insurance will even cover it and if I can afford it.. I can't stop thinking about it and have been a teary mess thinking I'm going to lose my hearing. My family is sick of my health worries so I feel very alone in my anxiety. Just wanted to see if anyone had any similar experiences. Thanks for reading
    Last edited by fenderrae; 05-12-23 at 20:37.

Thread Information