Thread: Lump under my lip. Sever health anxiety that's controlling my day.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lump under my lip. Sever health anxiety that's controlling my day.

This is one of the worst moments of health anxiety. The last time I was this bad was when I was measuring lumps on my testicle 20 times a day.

I've got some sort of swollen node/gland under my lip inside my mouth. The labial glands (you know when you're in the hole when you know the big words). It is those. I can feel both with my tongue on each side, but one side is like a lump and bigger. About the size of a squashed garden pea.

I've been having phantom tooth pains, and sinus type pains, since I've had this flu/covid. It's still not fully gone away. I'm getting a head and face type pain. I've got radiators on full blast with a hoody on and still feeling goosebumps. Back of my eyes feel sore, and it's causing a bit of a headache.

But it's horrible because my thought patterns are controlling my life.

I wake up and the first thing I do is check if the lump is still there. And when I feel it is, all life zaps from me. I become moody, and don't want to do anything at all. I tell myself "What's the point. I'm going to die anyway".

It's a vicious cycle. It leaves me depressed and I'm getting thoughts of feeling like I'm ready to give in basically.

If you thought Google was bad for health anxiety, do not try ChatGPT. It's a million times worse.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Re: Lump under my lip. Sever health anxiety that's controlling my day.

I'm not as paranoid today. But wanted to report on something.

There's now another part in my cheek that feels swollen. Towards the back. There's like a tube that runs up the back of the jaw in the cheek. This is raised. I know I shouldn't Google, but I looked at the ducts and glands around this location to get a sense of what could be going on. It's hardly rocket science. I discovered something.

By the ear is a large gland (partoid). This gland can become infected as a result of COVID. In that location on my left side I have 2 cysts on my ear (one at the back, one in the ear lobe). They've suddenly become inflamed and painful. One of them burst.

Down the side of my neck on that side is painful and the lymph nodes in that area are raised (as they should).

I've got phantom tooth pain where I had a wisdom tooth. But I don't have any tooth ache if that makes sense.

It's all pointing in the direction that these glands have become infected, likely as a result of COVID/flu. The 2 cysts on my ear that inflamed are because this side of neck is responding to potential infection in those glands.

This has actually caused me to worry less, because I doubt it's the dreaded C. I'll leave it all alone for a couple of weeks and if not improved will book appointment with the doctor.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Good idea. For what it's worth, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Good idea. For what it's worth, I don't think you have anything to worry about.
    Morning Blue. Hope you're doing well. The health anxiety cycle is rough. I thought I kicked this part of it a while ago. This issue, and the fear that my seasonal bug was serious, caused so much inner stress. It was pouring into real life. My reaction to the PDSA was way over the top and I think it's all related to fear and worry about health. I still can't revisit that thread out of embarrassment and guilt.

All I can do is document, and move forward. I've started to write blog posts as self-introspection and to hopefully help others. If I can spot the problem before it manifests I may be able to avoid getting into a mess.

Some of it I feel is related to ASD. I guess this is what they mean when they say people on the spectrum struggle with situations. I didn't really put 2 and 2 together. It's even harder since I no longer use alcohol to cope in these situations.

☪️️

Update.

It seems to have gone down now. It's almost the same as the gland on the other side. I don't mess with it anymore. But if I do start messing with it, it will become inflamed again.

I didn't know there was salivary glands just under the lips. Everybody has them and if you use your tongue you can feel them.

my HA seems to be slowly improving. I had a stupid fear I had bladder cancer too because I kept needing to wee every 2 hours. Turns out I drink too much pop and tea. But I got into that cycle of counting how long it takes to wee, and measuring my fluids so I can see if the science checks out and I was peeing the right amount. Urgh. It's bloody draining I'll tell you that.

I'm improving though.

Anxiety brain is so stupid at times. Today I'm happy. But, that might because my valium has been upped

☪️️

It's gone. Woooooooooooohooooooo!

That ruined my week. I need to get a grip on my H/A.

☪️️

Hey, I think I might be dealing with the same thing right now. Woke up two days ago and noticed a lump inside my lower lip, it seems to be an inflamed labial gland, small, doesn´t hurt unless pressed really hard. Not visible but i can feel with my tongue and pinch it with my fingers. Probably I've hurt my lips while sleeping as there was also a red bruise near the lump. The bruise disapeared but the lump is still there. I'm a massive hypochondriac and oral health it's one of my worst fears. Really struggling right now.

Was your lump hard ou soft? And how long did it take to resolve?

Thread Information