Quote Originally Posted by TaleOn11 View Post
Yeah thats probably it Lenco. Worrying that I haven't done enough in my 20s.
Exactly. I think with me it's more a sense of nostalgia harking back to the late 90s when I was in my early 20s with many things seeming far more exciting, carefree, laid-back and generally less restrictive unlike only just a few years later (mid 2000s onwards) where nearly everything started becoming far more serious, and people started becoming more cynical, fearful and increasingly pining for 'less troubled times' in the past, though I personally think a lot of that was very much attributed to the growth of the Internet and 24/7 rolling news media, plus of course general awareness of things greatly increasing, and still very much remains the case right now.

Mind you, I certainly don't recall the decade of the 90s being all 'tickety-boo'; it had its trials and tribulations like pretty much every other decade that came both before and after, and now looking back I perceive the 90s as a greatly overrated decade, of which I often struggled to gel with first-hand myself on occasions, let alone the 2000s, 2010s and the first half of the 2020s so far.

But at least my schooldays are long behind me, of which, for the most part, I absolutely despised.