Thread: Tiredness

Tiredness

Can I please get some reassurance from you guys, I am feeling rather anxious at the moment. My father really upset me over christmas and my anxiety has peaked

I saw my Dr on xmas eve just to get my iron, I have low ferritin and have to take iron tablets daily, I ran out weeks ago but kept on forgetting to go the dr so with my husband being off work I was told by him to go, lol! When I was there I mentioned to my GP that im feeling tired lately and I have a gland up in my throat, which is about malteser size he had a feel of it and said it was just doing its job and it was nothing to worry about so he did agree it was raised, he said i had the same the other side which made me worry even more, lol!

Christmas eve my 2 yr old daughter wasn't well, she had a temperature, full of cold and generally unwell, i was up about 4 times in the night, I kept going to check her to see if she was ok and not too hot. The kids then all had us up at 6am christmas morning. Christmas day night Jemima was up from 2-4am and similar on boxing night. So I had 3 rough nights with broken sleep. I know im probably being daft worrying but since then I have gone to sleep early and my hubby has even let me have a lie in the last few mornings but I am still shattered, I mean absolutly done in I am so so tired, light headed and I just want to go to sleep but with 3 children thats impossible during the day, haha!

I am getting myself in a panic abit, I feel so very tired lately, I have this raised gland and since august I have been unwell abit, I had bronchitis, another virus then a throat infection earlier this month.

I had a full blood count done only 7 weeks ago which was all fine so my husband says I am daft to worry but I can't help but think there is something serious wrong.

Am I being silly? surely tiredness and 1 gland being up isn't anything to worry about? I haven't lost any weight at all, infact I have gained 2lbs over christmas, I am only a teeny thing so id know if I lost weight

Re: Tiredness

Hiya sorry to hear youve been having a rough time of it and no your not being silly! Christmas is a stressful and tiring time I can sympathise with you, my 2 little darlings had me up at 5am xmas day! The days leading up to xmas they were so hyper they had me worn out! Ive been sneaking a nap on an afternoon when theyve been playing on their new playstations he he he. Ive been having a couple of minor health problems but in my mind ive blown them up to be liver,ovarian and bone cancer! Im eagerly waiting Jan 1st so I can start a new year and hopefully a better year. My dizzies nausea have been constant lately so roll on 2008!
    Take care and I hope its a good one for you love Tracey

Take care Tracey:-)

Thanks.

I too suffer alot from tiredness, not surprising when you consider how much time I spend worrying about things, it really is exhausting work, I am like a cat on a hot tin roof, i do not relax well, even if I am sat down my brain still runs riot. Probably the same for you I should imagine.
    I catch most things going, and like you, am often a little low on iron, I just try to take a multi vit, drink green tea, and try to eat sensibly, the thing I fail on is the exercise bit but must try it in the New Year.
    Try not to worry and try to be kinder to yourself. Something we should all do.

Thanks so much Dinkydoo:-)

I can relate to your tiredness...it seems ever since my kids came along it has never gone away...you start to wonder when you'll ever feel rested again...I guess having the kids gives us even more to worry about...make sure you use your down time through the holidays for yourselves and don't overbook so that you are continuously running about...you may need meds for the anxiety to help you slow down if other therapy isn't helping...take care...do your best to get some rest time for you and the kids.

Andy

I might start back on the St Jons Wort, has anyone else had success with this. I think the abov post applies to me, I spent years filling in all my spare time, and still do now at times, actually most of the time. Its about being easier on yourself I think and lowering our expectations of ourselves.

Thanks very much.

Thread Information