Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally..

Smile Finally..

..i have my appointment through for CBT. Its starting on the 8th April after an 18 month wait

I am NOT getting my hopes up though. Better to be pessimistic then you don't feel too bad when it doesn't work out!

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

Re: Finally..

Woweeee thats fabulous news Bluebell, i reckon you will make moves forward after this. 18 months is a long wait but it will hopefully be worth it
    Lots of love Richie x x x x x x x

Hi Bluebell

Im so pleased for you after all that time waiting you finally get some help.

I hope you find it benifical and it helps you. I have been through the treatment and yes it helped me.

WELCOME FOR YOU

Take care of you
    Smudgie

Nice one mate - mine started the week before last and it seems I get 6 sessions every other week on the NHS, with the possiblity of more if needed! I wonder if that is the same across the country?

Piglet

Hi Piglet nope tisn't here in Worthing there are absolutely NO CBT qualified therapists at all. Not on the nhs. Not many private ones either but Brighton and London is good.
    you very lucky piglet x x x x x

Hi Bluebell and good luck with the CBT. I know what it's like to wait as i had a 2 year wait!

I started mine 4 weeks ago. The first 4 sessions were nothing but the therapist taking past history and it was emotionally very draining but she said this needs to be done to build up an accurate picture of what's needed to help. I start my sessions in ernest in 2 weeks time and i'm getting 6 sessions at one per week then we have a review to see if more is needed. I'm up in Bonnie Scotland.

Love
    Pink
    xxx

good luck guys with the cbt - im sure some of you are aware tha ti am a B-I-G fan of cbt - infact i think its the best thing for us - you do have to accept alot of stuff though - like only you can do it, like you are gonna have to face up to stuff that you are afraid of, that it is no quick fix and you have to commit to it and you have to make it part of your life - but the payoffs are massive - you get to feel like the real person behind all the crap so good luck to you all

Good luck with your CBT, it has definitely helped me.

I feel that time is a great healer with anxiety and PAs, every time you have an attack and realise it cannot harm you it should mean that the next attack lasts shorter.

CBT helps to reinforce this kind of message and also helps to replace negative thoughts with positive ones and also with a reality check which is often needed during an attack, rather than thinking the worst.

That was a very long winded way of saying hope your CBT goes well for you!

hi bluebell. Just seen in one of your posts that you are feeling scared of getting better and scared of facing up to everything in cbt. I think the problem is, when you've lived like this for so long its hard to imagine doing anything without the anxious thoughts. I started cbt few months ago and when I started I felt anxious but after a few sessions I started to remember what I'd was like to feel normal. I could imagine going back to work or doing other things whereas before I couldn't. The anxious thoughts were slowly disappearing and basically just weren't really an issue anymore. Once that happened I just got excited about getting better. Hopefully the same will happen for you. It'll be so good for you. Try not to worry about it. Just go with it. It'll be great. Good luck

Thank you all for your replies

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information