Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diabetic friends

Re: Diabetic friends

hi aisha89,
    i will pass on your email to cheeky monkey asap for you as she aint bn online due to bn unwell but i will add you to her msn or yahoo im

meanwhile feel free to pm me or her and i will pass any mes on for you

hugs

lea

Hello Susie,

I have Diabetes type 1 as well as all my other health problems. I've had mine since 2001. Mine too is badly controlled & it does get me down. At the moment every friday Iam at the hospital in the Diabetic Centre with the Nurse who is really lovely & doing her best to help me & guide me. Iam taking 3ml 5 cartridges Humalog Mix 25 100U/ml. I have to inject twice a day. We are between the devil & the deep blue sea. I have realised only recently that since these latest hospital visits I was badly guided & that now Iam understanding this awful illness after 7 years what has taken so long. For starters I was paranoid about having a hypo in bed & dying or going into coma so if my sugars were single figures before bed even if it was above 7-8 I would eat something bad move. This was why it was so high in the morning. I have really had to train my brain to test my sugars before going to bed no matter how late. Now if its 4 or below I have my Lucozade/Dextrose tablets just to raise it safely. If its 6 & above I should be alright. The funny thing is Iam still paranoid that it will still drop so my sleep is unsettled typical!! To help you gain better control if you have a Diabetic Centre at your local hospital you use to be able to walk in & see someone almost straight away. You may need to make an appointment now. Talk to them on how you are feeling, the best advice I can offer you is test your sugars more often 4-6 times a day if necessary. Dont eat before bed unless your sugars need it . I absolutely loved chocolate especially Galaxy, its not fair that we can't eat it but whats worse losing a limb, going blind failing liver/kidney going on Dialysis. Its cruel it stinks I know, I've cried about it too. I suffer with terrible boils on my legs & thighs. I have a chemical body scrub to keep them clean & help them to heal. I get cracked heals on my feet too, the list is endless there are sugar free choccy's they are alright but not as nice & they have a laxative effect if over eaten. Porridge is a good breakfast option as sugar release is a lot slower, Banana's are good for energy Patassium, orange vitamin C obviously also in moderation. Vegetables you need to eat plenty of greens,sweetcorn,carrots. If you cook for yourself try frying in sunflower oil a pork chop, drain it well on kitchen paper or a lamb chop with greens & potatoes. I know its not chips & its boring but trust me it will help. Fish is another option, oily fish is best like Mackeral, or Salmon & Trout. If you need any tips on how to cook them then send me an email. If you have a healthier diet it should start to improve in time. It wont solve everything but we will give it a damm good try. I hope that this will help to lift your spirits. I totally understand & you can have a mate in me.

Take care,

Lynn xx

Hi to all who posted and want a buddy with diabetis.
    I also have type2 diabetis and it really sucks.
    I dont get out much because of this and other disabilities related to diabetis,so when i do manage to get out i rely on my disability scooter.So anyone who would like to add me to messenger my addy is bigtony_1947@hotmail.co.uk
    Also diabetis can sometimes make me feel very low and miserable,so having new friends to chat with can make such a difference to us all.Once i start chatting u cant shut me up lol.
    God Bless and take care
    Love Tony

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information