Thread: feel like im going crazy

feel like im going crazy

hi i know recently ive posted a lot of forum topics about my breathing but im so concerned that im losing my mind and going crazy with this feeling of not being able to feel any air going into me! could i be going crazy or is this a feeling of anxiety?

no you are not going crazy .i think you need help with this do go see some one today .good luck

dove x x

hi dove who would i be best to go and see? do u think i will ever get rid of this feeling? have u ever experienced it ?

hi caz,
    i have read most of your posts and i can definetly relate to you,i also have horrible scary breathing patterns, i have had this on and off for 20 odd years so your not alone,i was always at the drs about it, they must have had a stethascope with my name with my name on it lol, seriously though it is an awfall feeling, ive even had chest xrays which always came back clear the only way i can forget about it is by doing something to occupy my mind it works sometimes, but in time you will forget about it, like i said ive had this for years, and im still here i hope this helps take care
    luv sue x

hi caz
    I can understand that the concerns with your breathing scare you and in turn this creates those terrible scary thoughts.
    However i haave had the same thing and believe me it does pass if you focus on something else. I think if there was a problem with your breathing that you would have know about it by now...if you try holding your breath ...you will find that you will not be able to stop yourself from breathing it is a AUTOMATIC thing ....however by using some form of relaxation and physical exercise you WILL be able to control how your feeling try placing a elastic band on your wrist and snap it every time you start thinking about your breathing...by doing this you will find that you will be able to stop the thoughts by using the elastic band.
    Believe me it will settle down after a while and more quickly if you do not focus on it.

take care

hi Caz,

this is a symptom of anxiety, but you should make an appointment with your doc's who will chech u over and maybe give u something to calm u down a bit, If u have read other post in here you will see your not alone,and no matter how scary it feels u wont stop breathing,,

I do hop u manage to get to see a doc today

good luck hun, hopp u feel better soon xx

kairen x

It is only anxiety Caz but go go speak to your GP as he can reassure you..

Caz, it is anxiety you are not going crazy and trust me we all have obsessions due to the anxiety and think we are going to flip and not be able to cope. But you will if you were going crazy you would be the last to know it hon.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

i dont know how 2 get rid of these thoughts any ideas? they are distressing will they go? what if i remember them forever? and never feel ma breathin normal

Thread Information