Thread: Registering disabeld

Registering disabeld

Hiya

I am a college student and an employee, applying for university, and as a sufferer of panic disorder and depression it does stop me from working efficiently, I admit that I have skipped college and called in sick many times because of it. My relationships have too been affected.

I have briefly read the Disabled Discrimination Act and I know it is possible to be registered disabled with a mental illness. Thing is, I don't want it to disadvantage me when I apply for future jobs, as I am going to university to study nursing. I want to be registered so I can receive help, because where I work is particulary stressful (yes, being a cashier IS stressful!) and it has made my illness worse at times, especially when having to go to college as well.

Does anybody have any information on the DDA?

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

Re: Registering disabeld

I don't know much about DDA, but I think it is great that you want to attend university. It is very hard attending school and working. I worked as a cashier while at university and teachers college and it was very stressful. It is nice to just focus on work now. Good luck with everything.
    Michelle

Thread Information