Thread: Sciatica

Sciatica

hello all
    ive had a bad right leg fr a week now and it started in my calf like a crampy feeling and sharp niggles and then i get it in thigh and behind the thigh and in my toes and whole foot !!omg im going crazy the sensations i get in it is nasty been freaking out it tingles,burns all way down frm thigh and calf ,i saw my doctor on friday and she said it could b sciatica or muscluar and gave me some movelat cream to rub in but iv only used it once and it esed for a few minutes and thrn went back to square one, any suggestions on whats wrong is it sciatica?i ave noticed a little bit of back ache not much like i said the burning in thigh/calf is worse and een get bum naching to , anyhelp or advise would b apreciated thanks for reading love C/xxx

Re: Sciatica

Quote Originally Posted by cthechick84 View Post
    hello all
    ive had a bad right leg fr a week now and it started in my calf like a crampy feeling and sharp niggles and then i get it in thigh and behind the thigh and in my toes and whole foot !!omg im going crazy the sensations i get in it is nasty been freaking out it tingles,burns all way down frm thigh and calf ,i saw my doctor on friday and she said it could b sciatica or muscular and gave me some movelat cream to rub in but iv only used it once and it eased for a few minutes and thrn went back to square one, any suggestions on whats wrong is it sciatica?i ave noticed a little bit of back ache not much like i said the burning in thigh/calf is worse and een get bum aching to , any help or advise would b appreciated thanks for reading love C/xxx
    I have suffered from sciatica since the seventies. I had an op on my back and was at the orthopaedic surgeon on Friday about other spinal problems I have. I know it hurts (I have it down both legs and my left thigh is completely numb) but don't worry about it, it is not the end of the world.

hi chick
    it could be sciatica my sister gets it but she can bearly walk with it. i had some dicomfort and pain in one leg like cramp my doc told me it was stress and anxiety, never heard of stress and anx causing leg pain before but it didnt get any worse and did go away after awhile.

I get Sciatica quite regularly, usually in my left leg but last time was in my right.

Hurts so much I can hardly walk or sleep. My last bout of it lasted for 6 weeks.

I use Ibruleve or Deep Heat for the worst times and also take Neurofen for the pain. I've bought a TENS machine and will give that a go next time I have an attack.

Kate

Hi Chick,

This is sciatica, by the sounds of it, there are different degrees of it but the pain can be intense. What people dont realise is its a symptom not a cause, could be one of your discs is slightly irritated at the moment.
    It can sometimes take a while to settle just depends on the individual. I am currently due to see the neurologist on the 28th of this mth as i have a disc prolapse( diagnosed by mri) that most prob requires surgery, but my main symptoms were/are extreme leg pain, numbness and weakness but not a lot of back pain had to be put on morphine for the pain at one point, plus being unable to walk or stand. But ive had this for months and the majority of sciatica can clear in 6wks but dont worry if it takes longer.
    The main thing is to try and keep as active as possible just small bits at a time and doing some pelvic tilts can help doing this throughout the day, then physio told me to ice the back first 10mins and off for 5 and back on for 5 , anything up to 3 times a day. Also ibuprofen can help take the inflamation down as well.
    I really hope this helps a bit as i know from experience what the pain is like , let us know how it goes and feel free to pm me if you need .

xx

Thanks for the replyis and cheers TRIXIE LOL i dnt think ur very blunt for my liking to blunt idsay but thanks anyway-i no its not the end of the world!!!but wen u suffer wiv panic it doesnt seem like nuthing es wen im in annpying and i have 2 small children to think of... i do apprechiate every rely i get and it helps ease my mind, but dnt make me feel any worse than i feel.im hopeless now!! but anyway back to the sciatica it is cauing leg numbess and weakness and jus above my bum the back does ache ,but i worry more about the burning pain in and down my thigh ,it makes my mind think all sorts burning pain is nerve related though isnt it?? thanks very much love chantel xxxx

I have it too, it is connected to my tmj, dr said it's when you are anxious you hold yourself rigid and it causes the spasms and cramps....

Thread Information