Hi all,

I have recently been having a chat with Bryan and he pointed out that I seem to be coping much better lately with my anxiety and that I should post on this board. At first I thought that I didnt really merit this but after this weekend, I think I do.

This weekend I had a 40th birthday party in Edinburgh and I dont know if any of you had heard what the weather forecast was to be this weekend...snow blizzards in Scotland. So on the way there we were suddenly stuck in quite a bad snow blizzard. I am an anxious person at the best of times in a car so this was quite a big deal for me. I could feel myself getting quite anxious on the way there, but I managed to control it through some positive thinking and paying attention to my breathing. Peter was driving very carefuly also and was good at keeping us all calm with some of his jokes etc. Anyway, we got there safe and sound in the end.

The party was really good too..all the family were there and are all great fun. The usual party behaviour was on show...lots of drinking, singing, dancing and a stripper was also there to add a bit of spice...(he was not too good looking but had a lovely hmmm...) Anyway, at one point in the night I was aware of my heart beating and thought that I was having a panic attack. Again, I amazed myself by thinking too myself...'nothings wrong with your heart, its just beating fast due to drinking and dancing, everyones heart beats a bit faster when there out partying etc'... Somehow I managed to forget about it and let my hair down..

Anyway, I amazed myself last night..as I have had many nights when I have felt anxious and spent most of the night in the loo thinking that I will die etc.. It has made me realise just how far I have progressed and how I can actually cope with these feelings.

Thanks for listening and all your support. I hope to post here soon with another step foward. Thanks again Bryan.[:I]

sadie