Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you explain you agrophobia?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Can you explain you agrophobia?

Hey guys.
    after to suffering from 4 weeks of anxiety/panick attacks and de-realization i felt i was starting to get agrophobia to. So now everyday for the last 5 days ive been going on walks and extending it. just came back from a 15 min walk round my village.

Thing i still dont know if im agrophobic and thought if you guys could tell me your symptoms when you get outside it would help me decide if i am or not. Because im suffering with de-realization i cant tell if its that or not. It feels really unpleaseant when im walking and i do get panicy but its all because the world feels so disorientated and not straight edged anymore .I find it hard to go out because i feel so dissorientated and dizzy and like everythings so surreal? but im not scared to go out, i actually in a weird way look forward to it and seeing how much further i can get everyday.

im just soo confused at the moment tho :(

Re: Can you explain you agrophobia?

Hey guys any help with this would be great!

Just went out to see a new house that me and my bro have got ( we move in in 6 weeks) and its only a 20 min drive, when i got their i felt like i couldnt breathe and the whole world seemed sooo surreal.....like i was as light as a feather....i didnt even get out the car?

i know i suffer de-realization but is this normal to happen so bad?

i feel like i have somthing serously wrong and that i will never be right somtimes :(. Luckily i stopped it from going into a full blown panic attack.....but its sooo horrible when u feel like ur just gunna pass out and thats it, and nothing looks real.

Hi Lawton

I am agoraphobic. I am ok outside as long as it isn't far from my house.
    If i were to venture outside of my 'comfort zone', my breathing would become very erratic, my heart would beat fit to burst, i would be shaking like a leaf and just have this overwhelming notion to run like the wind back home.

Because we know how we will feel in these situatons, we become phobic and start to avoid it, which is where the agoraphobia comes in.

Everyone is different though.
    Some people can't leave a particular room in their house.
    Some people can't leave their home at all.
    Some people can go out but only with a loved one.
    Some people can only go certain distances.

So it really does very with each individual.

Hope things improve for you soon!

Lisa
    x

Have a hunt around for other threads - read this and it will help...

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=47712

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hey Nicola

i did the search thing you suggested but found no real answers are to what the symptoms im feeling are very normal to someone who is starting (and trying to overcome straight away) agrophobia.

I just need re-assurance that what im feeling is normal, then i can go out their and hit this problem head on. but if i do have somthing wrong with me and these arnt the symptoms of agrophobia then i may well just be making a situation even worse.

Hi Lawton

It sounds to me very much symptoms of anxiety as i can relate to everything you are feeling.

The best way to tackle it, unfortunately is NOT to stop going out and not to avoid situations that make you feel particularly anxious. When we start to avoid the situations that make anxious, we can very quickly become 'Phobic' about them.

I know it's difficult but please try to keep your life as normal as possible.

xxxxx

You are very brave. It must take a lot of courage to walk out that door.
    I don't suffer with agrophobia, but just wanted to give you support and send you a hug. Bob

de-realization can be caused by inner ear problems.

Does the room spin when your indoors ?

Check with your doctor.

The room doesnt spin, but i always feel really spaced out inside the house and outside the house. like everythings floaty and wobbly and not really their. it feels like im constantly living in a world made out of jelly, if that makes sens to anyone. I know wat things are and still have all my common sense and its not like i stumble, or wobble myself. when i do go to pick somthing up to its not like i miss. just like a consant woozy feeling and lightheadedness.

still sound like it could be an inner ear problem. thing that doesnt make me think it is, is that ive had this feeling from the very second my first panic attack hit me, which is now 4 weeks ago.

My whole situation started with a panic attack and then wobbly vision, dizzyness and constant tirdness.

There's so many things to consider but for now, eliminate the possibility by booking an appointment with the doc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information