Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WHY AM I ALWAYS PANICKY???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

WHY AM I ALWAYS PANICKY???

Morning Everyone,

I need advice/reassurance to try to understand why I always seem to feel panicky for no apparent reason?

I've got up this morning, not feeling too bad, but then I've started to feel shaky and doing the overbreathing thing? I'm now nearly 9weeks pregnant and really need to try to overcome this both for myself and the new baby and also, the rest of my family.

I seem to have tried everything, but to no avail! I haven't seen my counsellor for months and he hasn't contacted me for an appointment so I think on Monday I will call him. I've also got my first appointment with the midwife on Tuesday, which will also be a relief. I am really worried about the effects of the missed beats whilst pregnant and especially in labour...and I'm still worried that there is something wrong with me, because I have had them for so long now and usually experience them daily.

I feel so stupid for still going on about them after all this time and not being able to learn to accept that they are probably just something that I have to live with, but they scare me so much.

Love, Linda.x

hi Linda,

It's only normal that you feel nervous about the ectopic beats. I think that getting in contact with your counsillor again is a good idea. Hopefully that will help. I also think seeing the midwife will help relax you. Try to talk things over with her as that will reassure you.

Sarah

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

As things change in your life and you are entering a new phase of change it is only normal that anyone would get a heightened state of nervousness- because of your history of anxiety it is ok to be anxious.

You have had periods recently when you said the ectopics had got much better

I urge you to have an open discussion with your midwife and let her know your fears. She may want to do a pregnancy baseline ECG or 24 hr tape so do talk to her.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hi Lin

You know I empathise with you on this one.

I think I would tell your midwife as its good not to bottle it up and any of the team involved as you progress - if they know your fears, then hopefully you will keep getting the reassurance you need and that will help to keep your anxiety levels down, which will in turn make you feel much better.

Love Piglet

Hi,
    Thanks for the replies.

The one thing that I can do is openly talk to people about my fears, the only thing I am scared of is if they find something out that is wrong with me.

Has anyone else been pregnant and suffered the ectopics?
    Linda.x

Hi
    Firstly, congratulations on being preggers[8D]
    I have had agoraphobia and panic dissorder for 13 years. I had my daughter Grace three years ago. I used to have so many fears about how things would go. would the baby be ok, how would I cope etc.
    I had a healthy pregnancy, and a healthy baby, and I coped.
    whatever worries you have, discuss them with your midwife, she's here to help you have your baby in as easy way a possible.
    i hope it all goes really well for you
    Take care Ju

my world is only as small as my courage

Hi,
    Had another day quite full of missing beats.

I have contacted my counsellor and am seeing him on Thursday and midwife appt is to tomorrow afternoon.

I am so worried about missing beats.
    Linda.

Hi Lin

I have had five children, and the last two pregnancies I had similar symptoms to you, especially on the fifth one, because my anxiety and panic attacks were more intense than they had ever been before.

I also had similar fears as to the damage or harm this could do the the bab, but I was fine, and so was Willow, she came out health and wighing in at 9.4 so, my theories were proven wrong.

When you feel like this again. Try laying down and just put your hand on your tummy and breath very deeply and feel the babies heart beat, you will realise that her beat is faster and quite normal. It does help ease your panic and fears.

Your going to be fine !!!

take care

sue with 5

scknight

Hi,
    Can anyone with any medical knowledge, please,please, please reply to this.....

I had my midwife appointment yesterday, the first one, where you have to go through everything. Anyway, when I mentioned missed beats she seem quite worried and said I might need to see a cardiologist? Obviously, this has scared me even more now especially as most people keep trying to reassure me that they aren't dangerous. I'm really scared now, PLEASE HELP.

Linda.x

Hi Lin,

I'm sure Meg will be on and answer this one in due course.

When I was pregant with my second child (now 16) I had to be sent to the cardiologist and it was discovered I had a mild heart murmur (nothing to do with ectopics) probably due to the pregnancy. This was way before my anxious days and to tell you the truth it didn't really worry me at all.

I'm glad I didn't let it worry me as here I am 16 years later and now my GP can't even hear it. I remember when I started with anxiety I got him to listen to my heart as I thought the two could be linked and he told me then to stop worrying about that as when he's listening he can't even hear it. He's also recently told me to take up jogging which I found somewhat comforting.

I went on to have my third child a few years later and because I'd been checked out thoroughly no one was concerned through that pregnacy.

I'm pleased for you that you will see the cardiologist as I think this will help you to be reassured by the ectopics finally, by an expert!!!!! Don't be worried be glad. They are doing it so they have a good upto date reference on your total health and like Meg said previously, a baseline assessment to work from.

I was in two minds whether to post this info as I know I'm like you and don't want to be scared by even more medical worries. I'm hoping you'll see the moral of this tale and it may help you.

Big hug.

Love Piglet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information