Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: past life regression therapy???

past life regression therapy???

On Saturday my hubby picked up my meds from out local small chemist. The pharmacist approached my hubby and asked how I was doing. My hubby said that I wasn't too bad at the moment. The pharmacist said to my hubby that I had been taking a lot of medication which had changed a lot for many years. He then said had we thought about alternative therapy and he thought there was life before and after this life. He asked my hubby if I had ever thought about past life regression therapy.

My hubby came home and told me what he had said and it has started me wondering. I looked up some local therapists on the net and called a lady who was very nice. She didn't try any pressure selling but has made me wonder if this may help me in my healing journey. I have anxiety, panic, bipolar ocd etc. The sessions with this lady cost £30 per hour, which I don't think is bad.

However, I have been met with mixed responses from people that I have mentioned it to. I mentioned it to my support worker today who wasn't so sure, but said that if I wanted to go ahead to wait as she thinks I am vunerable at the moment because it is the 2nd anniversary of my dad passing away on 24th June.

I would love to know your opinions and especially from people that may have tried this therapy.

Thank you xxx

Re: past life regression therapy???

Hi Sunshine-Lady

It is a subject that has always intrigued me, I had a hypnotist boyfriend once who tried it on me (regression that is), and I got very upset as we progressed back in time, I don't know why, as he stopped it because he didn't want me to be so distressed and he felt unable to deal with whatever it was. I haven't wanted to repeat the exercise.

If it is an area you would like to explore I would make sure that it is with someone who really knows what they are doing and who you trust absolutely. To many people out there who do 6 week night school courses and think that they can mess around with peoples heads.

Good luck
    Mistral

This is the lady I found who was on a reccomended site

http://www.pastliferegression.co.uk/database.htm

sorry that only took you to the home page.

I clicked England, Durham and Nicola Adams

Id think very carefully about this. It can cause a lot of distress and it hasnt been proved it works.The mind can produce false memories that come from the subconcious .The therapists suggestions ,get mixed up with these ,and present day thoughts and interpreted as a past life.Historical innacuracies have been discovered ,when these "past lives " have been investigated.I would ask if you could spk to someone who this therapist had treated,perhaps she has a list ofTestimonials you could check out. You dont want to waste money and cause yourself any distress. All the Best Sue

I agree with Suzy-Sue. Although regression hypnosis is a fascinating idea I would recommend you avoid it. There is no telling what problems it could cause. What are you going to do if you "remember" significant people that you loved but will never see in this life, or if you remember how you "died"? That would be difficult to deal with if you were at full strength.

There is a time and a place for exploring "past lives". Now is not your time.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Her Email address is trickynikki ??????

Thank you for your replies and I understand the concerns that you have raised.

I just think I must have been a very bad person in a past life and that is why I am suffering now. I have never deliberatly hurt anyone in this life and think if I could go back, I might be able to put things right again .. not sure if that makes any sense lol.

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Her Email address is trickynikki ??????
    Do you think that is a bad sign?

Not sure what to do xxxx

It makes perfect sense..... I often wonder why, I'm not a bad person either but I like to believe that I am being tested in this life for a really great job next time around.
    XX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information