Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New - Health Anxiety

New - Health Anxiety

Hi,

I am new to this forum . I have been suffering for Anxiety for some time now . It is always related to health . It started when I saw my brother in law pass away with a heart attack at 39 . I am 40 so the fear and panic started . I happened to do a BP check during insurance and it was 130/90 and it all started after that . First I used to get dizziness spells and used to think either I have BP , then I started getting chest pains and I thought it was heart disease . I had done all kinds of tests ..

Now about a month I get chest pains on the left side of rib cage . Last week I landed at the ER and I dont know maybe the doc spotted something in my ECG and sent my report to ICU , though she said it is normal she asked me to show a cardiologist with all my earlier reports and that kicked off my panic . Felt like my fears were comming real . Anyway I used to show Sinus Tachycardia 100-115 BPM ... for past one year so this was kind of last straw .

Next day I shoed my reports to two cardiologist who felt they were normal two GPs felt the same they said I was ok , reports were normal . But the fear has stuck and wont go away . I joined the gym yesterday just to do cardiac fitness exercises , but today after 20 minutes on treadmill I felt a bit dizzy and again fear came back . Do I have a problem ? I dont know what to do I am stuck in a web that refuses to let go .

The psycologist feels this is cardiac nurosis , but why do i feel pain ? why did I get dizzy ? why did that junior doc send my report to the ICU ? I dont seem to believe anyone . I am depressed .

I have a lot of dreams and do not like to be sick . I have started using homeopathy since yesterday , last time it had helped me to get out .

I am constatntly on the vigil looking for signs , I surf the web for symptoms and then panic eg this dizziness I had is already causing a bit of panic .

Hi Sanjay, Welcome to the forum.The symptoms you describe are the same or similar to lots of other posts on this site so have a read of the symptoms forum. The pain and dizziness you are experiencing could easily be caused by anxiety. It is so difficult to switch off from this cycle of worry but I think you should take comfort in the fact that your tests all show that your cardiac health is normal. The fact that a junior doc sent off your report is probably to do with him/her following procedure. Try to believe that they would not ignore anything which showed problems with your heart, nor would they keep you uninformed of anything which they regarded as significant.
    You will find lots of support and advice on this site from many people whose experience is the same as yours. Its more common than you'd think. You are not alone!
    Best Wishes,
    Tulip

Thanks

It is good to discover this forum . I am going thru hell and mean it , constantly the mind is on vigil looking for chest pain , palpitations , dizziness .

I sometimes feel that mind can create thye symptoms .

On the nutritional front I have started taking suppliments of Fish oil (Omega 3) , Vitamin E , and B Vitamins as my Homocystine and CRP levels are a bit raised though cholestrol is only 160 .

I have morbid feelings I hate hospitals , I fear to do any tests , yet I land up at the ER in panic .

The doc started me on anxiety meds but they lead to insomia so i prefer homeopathy .

Hi Sanjay,
    Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and read about people who have exactly the same symptoms as you, it really does help to put your mind at ease.
    Take care
    Trac xx

its "just a thought"

Hi Sanjay

Welcome to the forum. The symptoms you describe are common with anxiety and you are not alone in worrying about health problems, even after having medical tests performed and seeing doctors.

Have you been receiving any treatment so far for the anxiety? Some CBT therapy could help.

Take a look at the information in the First Steps article, as well as the Health Anxiety article.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

It feels so much better to know about this help and forum , very few people understand what we go thru .

Logically I know everything but somehow when pain comes I cannot ignore that and thoughts once again start .

I have avoided taking anxiety meds as i am asthamatic and dont wish to further complicate life .

But sinus tachycardia fast hart rate is real it is tracked on my ecg , how is that do others also have a fast heart rate almost all the time ? this gets tracked for past 1 year in all my ecgs rate is 105-115 !

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">But sinus tachycardia fast hart rate is real it is tracked on my ecg , how is that do others also have a fast heart rate almost all the time ? this gets tracked for past 1 year in all my ecgs rate is 105-115 !
    <div align="right">Originally posted by Sanjay - 26 September 2005 : 13:38:02</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Could it be that you are anxious when the ECGs are done? My heart rate has been as high as 150 in situations where I've been really anxious, and was in the high 90s consistently for some time.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Sanjay

Junior doctors are called that for a very good reason - they are junior which means they don't know very much about real patients and that they are constantly asking their seniors for advice and tuition.

Sinus tachy of 105-115 is fine alongside anxiety.

Could you learn some meditation/ Yoga to help learn to relax and bring this down.

The dizziness goes with anxiety too.

Spaciness
    Light Headed
    dizzyness
    Jules31
    Light Headed
    Very dizzy
    help :(
    vertigo, diziness

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Thanks ... things turned bad yesterday I am down with Asthma .....

This complicates things further as getting Breathless causes panic and I was under great anxiety panic yesterday .

Mind drfits is this Asthma or related to Heart and thoughts build up ... further anxiety and panic .... till you are tired ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information