Thread: How Can You Tell If You Are Breathing Ok For Sure

How Can You Tell If You Are Breathing Ok For Sure

I have been feeling like I couldn't breathe very well all day. I just don't seem to be getting enough oxygen. I don't know if this is a result of being anxious or just can't breathe.

Im really worried that im not getting enough oxygen to my body and that im just breathing enough to get by. Is there anything to let me know that im breathing ok? Please share. Thanks in advance.

Re: How Can You Tell If You Are Breathing Ok For Sure

Hello hun, I feel that most days, but trust me its all with the anxiety....breathing is an automatic function, but because you are aware of your breathing you feel like your not gettin enough so try controllin it instead....which i find i do a lot....however by doing this you end up breathing in too much oxygen...which is not a bad thing atall....it will NOT harm you, you just need to take deep breathes, or try inhaling in a paper bag to bring your carbon dioxide levels to normal. You may feel dizzy or lightheaded, or even pins and needs around your mouth or anywher ein your body, but this is only due to the extra oxygen...and remmeber this does NOT harm you hun.
    Because i have this a lot, and panic because of it....i find useful if u do summin silly like listen to your favourite song, sing your heart out, out loud...so your concentrating elsewhere, then you suddenly are unaware of your breathing....it goes back to normal which proves to you nothing is wrong with you hun. If that doesnt help, get some fresh air....take deep breathes, enjoy the veiws...start counting the numbers on the car registration plates that go buy which keeps you distracted, and soon you wont notice your breathing. It takes 3 minutes before distraction can start slowing down your panic, but its a real help.
    Hope this helps a small amount, I know its hard, i suufer with it when im tryin to sleep, but i always wake up feeling fine so keep smiling hun and you will get through it
    xxxx

Re: How Can You Tell If You Are Breathing Ok For Sure

YEAH I feel the same cant breathe drowsy why?

Thread Information