Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Inositol Guide: PsychoPoet Research Initiative

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile Re: The Inositol Guide: PsychoPoet Research Initiative

Hi Psychopoet - bought the inositol at weekend and have started taking them. I am also on 20mg of Citalopram for depression so it will be interesting to see if they make any difference - i hope so. Watch this space I will keep you posted. If they really work I'm surprised the doctor hasn't said anything. Sorry to hear you had a blip last week. Always here if you need a chat.

Re: The Inositol Guide: PsychoPoet Research Initiative

I've been trying to get hold of the Inositol powder from Holland & Barrett with no success. It's not available in their shops or in powder form from their online shop, and when I rang the lady said it looks like it may have been discontinued in powder form!

Any suggestions for an alternative brand?

Piglet

what a great theard on inositol will give this a try

Has anyone noticed an increase in spots/acne when using Inositol.

I've tested this quite a bit and I've noticed I have constant spots when taking it (quite painful ones too) yet when I stop it, they disappear straight away.?!

I wondered if it could be a side effect? It doesn't seem to kurb my anxiety enough to make me not care about the spots!

First off, I have to say big thanks to PsychoPoet for all this info!

I also want to ask if your aware of any link between Inositol & Testosterone? I've been taking 1000 mg of inositol for the last 6 months and just had a test that showed my T levels were low. I did a lot of searching and found that inositol has shown to dramatically lower test in woman but couldn't find any info pertaining to males.

Any thoughts on this?

The Inositol I bought were 650mg capsules. It says the dosage for OCD is 18g/day. Does that mean I'm supposed to take 28 pills a day?!!!

Hi! I didn't see an answer to this in the pages of the thread I went through so I'll ask here. I just started taking Inositol - started low at 3 grams in the morning for the last two days. Unfortunately I have been quite agitated both days which is not normal for me.

Has anyone taking Inositol felt that way in the beginning and had it improve with time? Or is this a sign it's not for me and I should stop taking it?

Thanks

I have complex PTSD which is acquired in childhood vs the typical PTSD we generally read about regarding adult onset for war vets. I experience high levels of anxiety, agoraphobia, panic attacks but most significantly I want to address Inositol in a completely different way because I have not noticed anyone connecting these dots.

A Complex PTSD event includes massive panic attacks which mimic heart attacks. There are additional symptoms connected to "fight or flight" that simply continue to escalate to potentially lethal levels. The ONLY drug that can shut this process down; all the symptoms are generated psychosomatically, is Xanax. It's the only way to stop the brain from firing these shots; i.e. hypertension at stroke out levels.

Xanax is only effective as a bandaid. It is wildly addictive and tolerance is easily reached often requiring higher doses to control symptoms. Withdrawing from Xanax is absolutely necessary otherwise you are taking a brain-eating drug to no effect. That's where no one seems to be connecting the dots. There are entire hospitals dedicated to helping people withdraw from benzos and Xanax is the worst of them but guess what? Inositol can be used to withdraw from Xanax while also reducing anxiety, panic attacks and the horrific withdrawal symptoms. I was absolutely shocked at how comfortably I dropped one half mg of Xanax at a time; at two and three week intervals, while taking 15grams of Inositol a day in two divided doses. I used the Life Extension Foundation brand of straight Inositol.

The last time I had to withdraw from Xanax was hell. Just going down 1/8 of a mg. at two to four week intervals was absolutely miserable and produced all the same symptoms; albeit at more moderate levels, for which I had taken the drug in the first place. The only difference this time was the Inositol. It certainly may not work for everyone as well as it did for me but I had no side effects worth mentioning and was able to complete Xanax withdrawal with minimal discomfort going down at half mg doses every three weeks. I simply wanted to share that information for anyone using benzos. Hope it helps.

Hi there Nopoet,

I've tried so many different supplements to try get a handle on my anxiety and negative thinking patterns.......magnesium, iodine, B12, flaxseed, and the rest.

Does this one really work for you? And how soon do you notice a difference?

I also have PTSD, which is basically the root cause of my anxiety. I've had two ten week sessions of CBT over the years and tomorrow I start a new therapy called EMDR ( have you heard of it?)

Char

x

Oh, so is it ok to take mega B-50 complex and inositol at the same time? I've just noticed you said before that you take B-50 complex and inositol. I think it's only 50mg of inositol in each caplet of B-50 and that's not enough, so will start taking these and get some inositol in powder form next weekend.

Thanks for the advice

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information