Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ibs and pregnancy :(

ibs and pregnancy :(

is just awful! bad pain a few hours ago, wasnt sure if i might have lost the baby, but all seems ok now....dont know how im gonna be able to get through the next 7 months.....

i swear its gotten worse since my change.

Re: ibs and pregnancy :(

Quote Originally Posted by peach View Post
    is just awful! bad pain a few hours ago, wasnt sure if i might have lost the baby, but all seems ok now....dont know how im gonna be able to get through the next 7 months.....

i swear its gotten worse since my change.
    Hold fire on that because sometimes pregnancy can improve I.B.S funnily enough. I was diagnosed with I.B.S a couple of years before I got pregnant, I had terrible pains when I was in early pregnancy, I thought I might of been losing him they were that bad But to be honest, after a while, it was all fine. And I didn't end up with piles like lots of women do, even when they DONT suffer from I.B.S normally. And I didn't have I.B.S after my children were born for years! (unless they got ill & I stressed about it & used to get the runs of course) Sorry t.m.i lol
    But I wonder if we conciously, or subconciously eat better when we are pregnant, knowing we have to, & this helps relieve the I.B.S symptoms in the long run? x

thats for your answer- thats so reasurring!

yes, im in the early stages, so maybe if i can hang in there.......

ive noticed my ibs had improved over the last year when i removed so much fatty and heavy foods from diet...untill now lol.

also, id like to ask, i hear they say that labour pains are very similaer to bad ibs pains...do you think this may be true? just cause i figure if i can handle bad ibs pains then i should be able to handle labour ok? i hope so anyway....wishful thinking..lol

Indeed pregnancy does help with bowel problems. The hormones that soften all your muscles ease the cramping bowel pains. Not sure I would describe labour pains like IBS but then again never say never.

Quote Originally Posted by peach View Post
    also, id like to ask, i hear they say that labour pains are very similaer to bad ibs pains...do you think this may be true? just cause i figure if i can handle bad ibs pains then i should be able to handle labour ok? i hope so anyway....wishful thinking..lol
    Wishful thinking Peach! LOL
    Well, I guess if you can imagine I.B.S pains a few times worse, it could work lol Just forget all the women that think its impressive to have no pain relief & demand an epidural I say!!
    lol I'm saying that in jest really, its not pain free labour, no point in lying, but I couldn't ever explain it to you, all I can say is, its very very worth it! And if it was that terrible, would we do it more than once? x

mine was gone by the time I was 16 weeks pregnant, hope the same goes for you

The pain of labour is really bad, but so worth it!
    Emh (mum to 3 beautiful children!)

are there other drugs i could take like gas, rather then the whole needle in the spine thing??? i so so hate needles, i go into shock when i have to have them...and i have had pain so bad with ibs that i almost called an ambulance.....is labour pain that bad that you feel like your body is being ripped apart? sorry to be graphic, but im really trying to figure if i will handle labour easier then a ceaser....

i just cant decide which would be a prefered option for me. pls know i have severe tocophobia and severe health anxiety and needle phobia.....boring i know, but thats just me for now.lol

The epidural scared me big time. I said no way would I get it. But I did and it was amazing!!!!!!! I had it with my second and his was the easiest labour and delivery by far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information