Thread: Severe Migraine or Brain Anusysem????? Superrr Anxious

Severe Migraine or Brain Anusysem????? Superrr Anxious

Ok, so yesterday (Thanksgiving) I woke up to a headache. It was quite dull but deff there. So after some time I left early bc of it went home turned off the lights and went to sleep. I woke up throughout a four hr period with an inteseeee headache. Since Im moving, all my medicine is in my new house so I didnt take anything. After another hr it peaked. I was throwing up, couldnt move was hysterical crying and when I layed down my head was throbbing like a heartbeat and was the worst pain I have ever felt. My friend ended up dropping me off me off Execdrin Migraine and an hr after taking it my headache eased up about 85%. BUTTT when i told my friend who works at a hospital, she said I could have a brain anusyrem. NOWW im freaked out and have no medial insurance to even go get it looked at. Can someone tell me how I would know, or experiances of there own??? Please I need feedback, Im super anxious. Thanks!!

Re: Severe Migraine or Brain Anusysem????? Superrr Anxious

You know you took your meds later than you would have done if you'd had them with you. They worked. They would have had no effect on an aneurysm.

You don't say if you had any new symptoms, so I am presuming that you didn't. Try not to let your anxiety imagine new feelings, but note if there is any change to your usual pattern of headaches.

I'm not in USA so I don't know how to advise you about receiving help with/without insurance. I'm sure you don't need it, but I hope some of our American members will answer you too to give you added reassurance.

You should have gone to a hospital immediately. They can't turn you down based on lack of insurance. You either would have gotten the care you needed, or they'd be able to tell you it's nothing to worry about and give you good pain medication, and that way you wouldn't have to be anxious about it.

If you had an aneurysm, your headache would not go away. If it has by now, you are fine. Still worth getting checked out though.

Nope brain aneurysm doesn't go away with meds.. its the most severe hurting you will ever have and its devistating..Im think its pretty safe to say you don't have one.. Michael

PS but if you have any doubts and are really worried check with your doc just to make sure.

The symptoms you describe sound exactly like migraine to me. Sounds like your friend has never had a migraine herself. A person who experiences a migraine for the first time tends to think they are having a brain hemorrhage!

Some paralysis is normal with a severe migraine. That's never happened to me but it does to my auntie.

Also, painkillers rarely take away all the pain of a migraine. Medication is normally only effective if you take it very early on in the attack.

get yourself checked out if you've never had a migraine before, but honestly, it sounds to me like a normal migraine. You can usually sense when a migraine is coming on and it sounds like you did get the warning rumbles. They rarely just strike out of the blue.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Thanks for the responses. always appreciated.

Thread Information